• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Stealth is a pain for queue jumpers in my experience. Twice now a host has moved the gate to elongate the line and some little berks have just moved it back effectively jumping in front of those of us who followed instructions and went the long way round. Just where you go under the track so effectively hidden from view. Not sure what they could do about it except wait there for a bit whilst enough people file part to establish the new queue. Even had two lads jump the fence to go round me when I said I wouldn’t let them past.

On some rides certain queue gates used to be padlocked where it would change from a very long to very short queue.

That was always one of those strange things. At Alton Towers the gates were always locked when opening/ closing queue extensions, but it was (is?) never the case at Thorpe Park. When I enquired I was told it was for health and safety reasons.

It's not finished though as was said on there post. All people do on this forum is moan moan moan, tis crazy.

I do understand the merlin parks can be so much better but I do feel merlin are finally starting to invest in the parks again.

Have they removed the tv? Those sockets seem high from my recollection of a cabin.
Edit: hmm, even if it’s not finished it’s a hell of a mark up for an ISO container…

It's not finished though as was said on there post. All people do on this forum is moan moan moan, tis crazy.

That’s not the case though - take a look at the Nemesis thread or the Curse. Lots of praise in both of those.

On the other hand when things need calling out, they are.

No issue with them wanting to refurbish some of the ‘rooms’ if they have become tired, that’s good. But claiming they are ‘themed’ and charging a premium (on top of the already expensive price) for just slapping a different vinyl on the wall? Wowzers.

I do understand the merlin parks can be so much better but I do feel merlin are finally starting to invest in the parks again.
Out of interest, what have they got left to finish? If it's substantial, I will retract my statement.
I would say that there is a mix of opinions on this forum, and most of the time the moaning is justified, although some people can be quite harsh on certain attractions sometimes.

I totally agree, merlin are far away from perfect, but all people do on the thorpe, towers and chessington forums is moan 95% of the time.

Out of interest, what have they got left to finish? If it's substantial, I will retract my statement.
I would say that there is a mix of opinions on this forum, and most of the time the moaning is justified, although some people can be quite harsh on certain attractions sometimes.
Sticking a TV on the wall I hope, altrough I'm betting they don't even get a branded viggo (the TV box) skin for these rooms...

I totally agree, merlin are far away from perfect, but all people do on the thorpe, towers and chessington forums is moan 95% of the time.

Should see the Disney forums if you think this place is bad.

Criticism of low quality yet very expensive things is fine. Towers used to have some lovely themed suites as an example.

Once the parks stop being 95% rubbish I think there'll be less moaning.

The Flumes suite was always my favourite in the merlin parks. even though I very never actually stayed in it, but it just looked so well themed!!! Even the beds were themed to the ride vehicles!!

Anyway, back to Thorpe Park sorry.

We moan because half of what merlin produce is an absolute p*** take!
Don't go then mate that solves the issue. Save yourself some money and don't bother. Or if you prefer other parks then feel free to go to them instead. There's no rule that people on this forum have to go to merlin parks. Do you really think moaning on a forum cus you don't like something solves anything. Merlin don't give a crap what anyone on here says. They make plenty of money regardless to if people on the forum go or not. Case closed

Don't go then mate that solves the issue. Save yourself some money and don't bother. Or if you prefer other parks then feel free to go to them instead. There's no rule that people on this forum have to go to merlin parks. Do you really think moaning on a forum cus you don't like something solves anything. Merlin don't give a crap what anyone on here says. They make plenty of money regardless to if people on the forum go or not. Case closed
I'd be very surprised if anyone here was going to pay whatever it is they're charging for a cabin plastered in Swarm vinyls.

But this is a discussion forum. People are allowed to visit the parks and post their opinions, both positive and negative. Unfortunately the UK Merlin parks just do not stand up when compared to many parks in Europe for example. And Merlin have a monopoly on the UK theme park market.

Telling someone not to go just because you don't like them moaning doesn't help anyone.

Telling someone not to go just because you don't like them moaning doesn't help anyone.
Moaning about everything Merlin does doesn't solve anything either. If Merlin read this forum then I can understand showing your frustration with their operations, but they won't read this so the criticism isn't reaching its target