• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I'm not against small, simple accomodation. I've stayed in a wooden shed in Poland and brick sheds in the UK and Denmark. The line is quality. With a curfew, noise complaints and extortionate prices, it isn't defendable.

Seems like Merlin wanted them to offer premium priced VIP packages but they couldn't think of anything genuinely premium to offer, so they just chucked free parking on top of a slightly better version of their £100 unlimited fastrack and called it a day.

Using the tagline "an experience like no other" for the cheaper option is a strange call

£55 for Coke Freestyle, Pick & Mix and Photopass and a meal voucher doesn't strike me as a fabulous deal, ignoring the absurd price of the Silver.

£55 for Coke Freestyle, Pick & Mix and Photopass and a meal voucher doesn't strike me as a fabulous deal, ignoring the absurd price of the Silver.
I'd go for the silver if it was a mentally busy day. The £55 uplift is a bit mad.

It’s the host that is the bulk of the cost, but there should be a cost per group not person as you won’t get one host per person! Someone to be with your group for seven hours is £100 or so in their wages at least. But I’m not sure what benefit they would be at Thorpe compared to just getting unlimited fastttrack.

Considering that celebrities and "celebrities" (and the occasional trust fund baby) that also visit theme parks, this is aimed at those who are already loaded with money, but still want to remain privileged.

This VIP package will not be targeted at your regular guest, the price point for the intended market will still be a drop in bucket for them, just that now Thorpe will able to make a lot more value from them...

I'd expect a similar offering to be presented by Alton Towers and probably Chessington at some point soon.

There’s something about this paying for queue jumping etc that really troubles me. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it just feels wrong - I don’t begrudge people who have medical needs skipping the queue but I’m not keen on being pushed back by someone just because they’ve more disposable income than me. It would be better in my mind to have more ride availability, more things to do etc so the queues are managed to be acceptable for all. And the idea of a VIP host is just 🤢

I did this exact thing when I visited Kings Island, reasoning behind it was the 5th July so anticipated hell.

Was a similar price to the gold one, but we also got to go backstage on Beast during the day, which was worth it alone tbh.

The host we had was lovely. Think she was probably glad we were British though and actually engaged with her more than a front of line ticket.

Worth it for a one off day thing, but the experience has to be worth it. Thorpe doesn't have the options, hours or any decent food to make it worthwhile. That we had time to ride stuff before and after our "VIP Time" in normal park hours says a lot.

So is the target audience of this tourists then? Which might reduce the impact on us paupers/tight arses 😂 plus explain the host so long as they can speak the visitors home language? Or at least enough to get by (I noticed from YouTube Efteling hosts seem to speak a lot of languages - a new standard for TP hosts?)