• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

A train theme with 'Platform 13' involved? That's already taken.
Anyway, it's good to hear that there will be news tomorrow about this ride, as I had almost forgotten about it due to lack of announcements!

I found it interesting today that the Survival Games tent is still installed (seen on Tidal Wave). I thought that it would be fairly easy to put away somewhere, but it is very large.

Staying at shark cabins next week anyone been to VIBES bar for breakfast or dinner lately?
I'm guessing the breakfast is the same quality as Alton towers with it being Aramark, if so I'll definitely tread carefully, one at towers was shambles.

Staying at shark cabins next week anyone been to VIBES bar for breakfast or dinner lately?
I'm guessing the breakfast is the same quality as Alton towers with it being Aramark, if so I'll definitely tread carefully, one at towers was shambles.

I haven’t been lately, but have read various comments about dinner specifically being awful. It’s a buffet now at around £22pp and the quality is everything you would expect from Aramark. Have a look at some of the latest google reviews.

Probably best to eat off site in the evening.

VIBES Bar & Kitchen

We stayed 2 weeks ago. The breakfast was ok, better than we had at chessington and alton ( despite same supplier)

Evening buffet was ok actually, gammon very tasty.

We refused to pay however the almost £7 for a pint.

We simply made a cuppa once back at the room.

I was there end of March. Dinner buffet was pretty terrible - my daughter said the meat was slimy and she didn’t eat much which isn’t like her. The vegan option was vegan sausage. On its own. The host was very apologetic and I got a refund on mine. I left feedback, yet to hear anything (not holding my breath). Breakfast on the other hand was not bad - your usual hot buffet (with those bloody sausages again 🙄) and a few cereals, pastries etc.

There was no soy milk available for the room either - which is a shame as it’s not that difficult. For our trip to Towers in July we’re staying at premier inn - at least I know I’ll have more options there.

There was no soy milk available for the room either - which is a shame as it’s not that difficult. For our trip to Towers in July we’re staying at premier inn - at least I know I’ll have more options there.
It is terrible that a budget hotel can have more options than a rather premium hotel at Towers. I don't think Thorpe's food was good even before Aramark, but I'm sure that it's worse now.

It is terrible that a budget hotel can have more options than a rather premium hotel at Towers. I don't think Thorpe's food was good even before Aramark, but I'm sure that it's worse now.
The only thing I can compare it to is Splash Landings in 2019 - the vegan options weren’t amazing, (tomato pasta, or pasta with a side of tomato really) but at least it wasn’t just a sausage 😂

Those reviews for VIBES Bar & Kitchen make for some amusing reading. 'School dinners' 'Don't waste your money' 'awful food'. Even food poisoning it seems:
Emma Cruickshank
4 reviews

ic_star_rate_14.png
ic_star_rate_empty_14.png
8 months ago

Had to give one star but in reality it would be a definite -5 Only eat here if you are constipated and need clearing out! It was included in our stay unfortunately! We all fell ill, Thorpe Park have been made aware!

Maybe they should advertise it as a perk for staying on site!
Screenshot_1.png

1683145160444.png

Anyway, to stop being childish and murdered by the mods:

It is a sad thing when I was stood near KFC (away from that god awful stand up "comedy" they had on) when it clicked that Thorpe has so much more in terms of food options than the other Merlin UK parks. I was very thankful KFC was there in itself, simply as unlike the Wilderness burger it was actually edible.

I would say if you are staying on site and have a car you are far better just driving for food, either go to hungry house down the road if you can’t be bothered to go far, or head into stains where there are loads of chain restaurants which you know what you’ll be getting (for half the Aramark price).

Ghost Train opens 26th May.
How scary do people think this will actually be? I know they will say it’s “terrifying” to get the punters in, but how much of that will be hype? Same with scare mazes- I’ve never done one as I’m too busy (a bit of a wimp), however the walk throughs I’ve watched seem to have been disorientating and weird (bloke in a pigs head mask wandering about?) rather than scary - am I far off the mark?