• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Staying at shark cabins tonight has anyone tried VIBES bar and kitchen buffet lately not sure if I should eat there or get a UberEATS.

Staying at shark cabins tonight has anyone tried VIBES bar and kitchen buffet lately not sure if I should eat there or get a UberEATS.
We ate 3 weeks ago. Wasn't that bad. Gammon was tasty, and plenty of stuff to eat. Avoid the bar , prices are disgusting. We drank the free tea back at the room !

Breakfast wasn't too bad either, just avoid the scrambled eggs.

Ate there end of March and it was dire. I’d advise avoiding unless things have improved. Breakfast was ok.

Last edited:
Calling it now but I reckon the story will be

You are getting on the train at Thorpe Junction where the suspended carriage used to be, then there's some sort of ghost story about an abandoned Chapel Station being haunted, which is the stop you get off at when walking in a graveyard and the chapel, where the train crash scene used to be and you encounter the embodiment of Death. You are then rushed back to the station and Death continues to cause havoc on the train resulting in you dying, only for you to be reborn when you arrive back at Thorpe Junction. Death then reappears for one last scare in the fake cafe/gift shop.

Crazy how Thorpe park is the more immersive park at the moment between towers and Thorpe, always thought of Thorpe as more of a amusement park style or six flags like theme park.
All of Swarm island is great, saw is really cool, inferno has a great facade but most importantly when you're near Saw or Swarm there's no out of place funfair rides blaring out 80's music.

I know it's old news but props to Thorpe I enjoyed my stay and visit yesterday, I do think Thorpe is going to be getting better and let's hope towers can stop this steep decline with their big changeups in management.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-182824_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516-182824_Facebook.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 68
Interesting that the height restriction has been lowered, but I guess they're trying to make the rides more accessible to widen the target market for Thorpe.

Also I believe that Icon has a 1.3m height restriction, which will have the same types of trains as Exodus will have. So I guess we could see Exodus with a 1.3m height restriction?

Interesting that the height restriction has been lowered, but I guess they're trying to make the rides more accessible to widen the target market for Thorpe.

Also I believe that Icon has a 1.3m height restriction, which will have the same types of trains as Exodus will have. So I guess we could see Exodus with a 1.3m height restriction?

Lots of Merlin coasters could be lower than 1.4m but they like the simplified 1.2m and 1.4m catagories.

They obviously are at liberty to change that tradition.