• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I think saw has actually gotten smoother over the past 2 seasons somehow. I seem to remember going on it in 2019 and 2021 and my head being jolted all over the place and finding it really uncomfortable, however these past 2 years it seems that has almost completely gone away. The theming of the ride paired with the indoor section and that godly airtime hill just rounds off this coaster for me. However, it is a tad short, which in my opinnion stops it from being a world class ride, although it still is my favourite coaster at thorpe!

I'm hoping that exodus and them deciding to work on colossus (however poorly executed it was) is a sign of the park taking a step in the right direction. All they need to do now is get rid of angry birds land and get new trains on colossus and the park will be saved lol.

Also for some reason thorpe don't seem to be affected by aramark as much as some of the other merlin parks, (excluding VIBES ofc) which is always a postive. The stand alone food units can occasionally be quite cost efficent and the food from them isn't awful either.

I actually enjoy Saw more than the Smiler. I can deal with the odd jolt here and there rather than constant bouncing and vibrations. But Saw is definitely an acquired taste, mostly for sadists I guess 😂

I actually enjoy Saw more than the Smiler. I can deal with the odd jolt here and there rather than constant bouncing and vibrations. But Saw is definitely an acquired taste, mostly for sadists I guess 😂
I do as well. Any roughness on SAW adds to the theme for me.

Apologies if this sounds like a random question, but it is vaguely related to Thorpe, so I thought it could go here.

I seem to remember people saying that Thorpe Park and Legoland Windsor are both visible from certain terminals/runways in London Heathrow Airport. I’d be intrigued to know; which terminals/runways are these?

I only ask because I’m flying to Orlando from Terminal 3 of Heathrow Airport in just under 3 weeks, and I was interested to know whether I’d be able to do some theme park spotting, either from on the runway or during the ascent…

This season I had my worse ever ride on Saw. Was so so paintful the whole way round outside. Not really in a track rough way just in a very shaky headache kind of way. It’s the only ride I know which is like that.

The problem with the ride is it is so random, yoy can be on the same car as someone else and have a different ride.

Tbf the best view of Thorpe Park is probably from afar. On a plane. On the way to Orlando.
I agree when I went to Orlando last year in august I saw The island like no other while I left England it was a amazing view