• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

40mph+ winds in the local area all day today, and virtually all of Thorpe’s rides were down for nearly the whole day.

Now, whilst I appreciate the reasons why Merlin are being extra cautious about the wind speeds these days, was it really absolutely necessary for Dodgems and Rumba Rapids to have to close nearly all day for strong winds? I’m genuinely interested to know.

Dodgems can be tipped by high winds and people are more likely to fall out of rapids boats if they stand up and a gust catches them.

40mph+ winds in the local area all day today, and virtually all of Thorpe’s rides were down for nearly the whole day.

Now, whilst I appreciate the reasons why Merlin are being extra cautious about the wind speeds these days, was it really absolutely necessary for Dodgems and Rumba Rapids to have to close nearly all day for strong winds? I’m genuinely interested to know.
The park will be following the O&M manuals from the ride manufacturers - they will be the ones setting the limits, the park will just be upholding them rigorously.

Remember there may be more sinister reasons for stealth being on 1 train op, accumulation issue, block issue with the system auto estopping constantly due to a sensor issue. It isn't always down to the availability of trains

Remember there may be more sinister reasons for stealth being on 1 train op, accumulation issue, block issue with the system auto estopping constantly due to a sensor issue. It isn't always down to the availability of trains
It's back on 2 now isn't it

I can’t imagine running 3 trains actually means more capacity. Just sounds like it would cause a stack up on the brake run

Don't think Stealth can run three trains, only has enough block sections for 2.
Precisely this. It has 3 trains so that it can "always" run 2 trains if required even if one train has issues. Although obviously issues with the ride control system on a particular day may leave it stuck on one train. I doubt all three are actually serviceable any more, plenty of parks who have stopped keeping all the trains in service to cut costs unfortunately.

This means that Death's Doors is coming back, then. I personally thought that it was a one-off to celebrate Fright Nights' 21st anniversary, what with the 21 doors.
It was actually really good! I hope they switch it up a bit, as well as trailers, but I doubt it

Let’s not forget about survival games- for 10 pounds I was in for a minute? It’s really easy to navigate. I wish the free roam was more controlled, so I wouldn’t escape immediately, and then have to wait 20 minutes for my poor friend to get out.

In other Thorpe news, Mr Monkeys Bannana swing thing was testing all day yesterday, with techies in the morning and then staff in the afternoon, so I imagine it will open any day soon.

Which means Thorpe wins the race for getting all their rides open for the 2023 season first out of all the merlin theme UK parks.

In other Thorpe news, Mr Monkeys Bannana swing thing was testing all day yesterday, with techies in the morning and then staff in the afternoon, so I imagine it will open any day soon.

Which means Thorpe wins the race for getting all their rides open for the 2023 season first out of all the merlin theme UK parks.
Errr, Vikings River Splash at Legoland Windsor opened a couple of weeks back, so Thorpe can make do with second place ;)