• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

This is my big problem with Thorpe Park. No matter what ride hardware they put in the place......it will still be attended by obnoxious horrible brats.

I don't tend to visit very often given I live 200 miles away but when I do I very rarely have a good time. The last time I visited I left early on the second day and went into London City centre for the afternoon instead.

I will try and get down to the park next year on a really quiet off peak day to get plenty of rides in on the new coaster. That will be my fill.
Tell me about it. Ever been on a fright nights Sunday? Oh god it was awful. Well, the people least. Pushing, shoving, queue jumping, bad hairstyles and worst of all - slang I don’t entirely understand

Tell me about it. Ever been on a fright nights Sunday? Oh god it was awful. Well, the people least. Pushing, shoving, queue jumping, bad hairstyles and worst of all - slang I don’t entirely understand

I have never visited during the Halloween season at all. I have only had 4 visits in my life and I'm 38 so that should tell you everything. If it was located closer to where I'm from I'm sure I'd have gone more times but simply put.....it's not worth the hotel costs and traveling time quite frankly. I'd rather just go Towers for the day and save myself a fortune. That's only 1 hr 20 mins door to door for me. Blackpool is even closer too although I much prefer Towers.

This is my big problem with Thorpe Park. No matter what ride hardware they put in the place......it will still be attended by obnoxious horrible brats.

I don't tend to visit very often given I live 200 miles away but when I do I very rarely have a good time. The last time I visited I left early on the second day and went into London City centre for the afternoon instead.

I will try and get down to the park next year on a really quiet off peak day to get plenty of rides in on the new coaster. That will be my fill.
I last went to Thorpe back in May 2019 on the Sunday of the Spring Bank Holiday weekend. Was on my second pint before noon (also my last pint, given I was driving). Spent most of the day in the bar in the Dome, popping out to ride Flying Fish purely so I could get the cred. Went to Legoland the following day, and it was arguably a much nicer time there than Thorpe was...

I feel like someone needs to stand up for poor ole Thorpe.

It’s my nearest park (just over an hour away), I’ve had some great days. It’s not all bad.

I never ever go on a Saturday or school holiday day so possibly have missed the worst of the chavs.

I’ve had some great Sundays at Thorpe.

I like that it’s not endless walking for miles and I think operations are generally pretty good.
I like that they have KFC and Burger King.
I like Inferno, Saw and Swarm, they’re fun and they don’t seem to have much down time.
(Stealths not my cup of tea - I don’t love fierce launches)

I like the atmosphere around Tidal wave, especially on a summers day. I like the funny announcements on Detonator. I like the Stealth radio. I love Swarms area.

We went last week (Tuesday evening) busy enough to have an atmosphere but not packed, I got plenty done even though we didn’t get there til 5pm.
Night ride on Swarm, the park looked so pretty from the lift hill.

Having said all that, the whole park does stink of weed so maybe I’m just very relaxed whenever I visit!

I have heard quite a lot of rumbling around the Internet lately that thorpe is going to get another big investment shortly after project exodus / hyperia, any idea why? Is it just because towers is getting 2 big investments in 2 years that people think thorpe might be getting some of the same treatment or has there been any other signs of another big project for thorpe on the horizon (no pun intended).

I have heard quite a lot of rumbling around the Internet lately that thorpe is going to get another big investment shortly after project exodus / hyperia, any idea why? Is it just because towers is getting 2 big investments in 2 years that people think thorpe might be getting some of the same treatment or has there been any other signs of another big project for thorpe on the horizon (no pun intended).

I mean Merlin do seem to be spending more lately, Chessington has had Jumanji and is now working on a £30million Waterpark investment.

Towers has Nemesis 2.0 and Horizon and Legoland is getting new coasters. It’s not out of the realms of possibility that Thorpe will have other projects lined up. What ‘rumblings’ have you heard? Any links/sources etc?

I mean Merlin do seem to be spending more lately, Chessington has had Jumanji and is now working on a £30million Waterpark investment.

Towers has Nemesis 2.0 and Horizon and Legoland is getting new coasters. It’s not out of the realms of possibility that Thorpe will have other projects lined up. What ‘rumblings’ have you heard? Any links/sources etc?
When I say rumblings I mean probably about 4 times I've heard this mentioned lately, sources wise there's nothing I've seen to indicate this is definitely the case but lift hills and thrills for example has mentioned it was just wondering if many people have this consensuses of this happening.

Like you said though Merlin have been splashing out lately on new projects and thorpe has been left for 12 years without a coaster opening so would make sense but this is probably the only reason why some people have been speculating, I'm just excited for project exodus anyway to be honest.

Thorpe sold out today and its evident to see because queue times have been extortionate. This is the busiest I've seen in a while, even for fright nights, and I have to say that Thorpe deffo need to look at their gate figure as its evidently too high. People expect fright nights to be busy, but the queues are significantly higher than I've seen at towers at any point this season

Thorpe sold out today and its evident to see because queue times have been extortionate. This is the busiest I've seen in a while, even for fright nights, and I have to say that Thorpe deffo need to look at their gate figure as its evidently too high. People expect fright nights to be busy, but the queues are significantly higher than I've seen at towers at any point this season
Not sold out as tickets are still available for tonight. Must be close though, surely.

Pretty standard business for half-term in October for the last twenty years. Fright Nights is a massive event that hasn't really expanded much relative to its popularity. There was once talk of it becoming a separate, hard-ticket event. but they managed to sidestep that by charging for the mazes instead.

I feel like someone needs to stand up for poor ole Thorpe.

It’s my nearest park (just over an hour away), I’ve had some great days. It’s not all bad.

I never ever go on a Saturday or school holiday day so possibly have missed the worst of the chavs.

I’ve had some great Sundays at Thorpe.

I like that it’s not endless walking for miles and I think operations are generally pretty good.
I like that they have KFC and Burger King.
I like Inferno, Saw and Swarm, they’re fun and they don’t seem to have much down time.
(Stealths not my cup of tea - I don’t love fierce launches)

I like the atmosphere around Tidal wave, especially on a summers day. I like the funny announcements on Detonator. I like the Stealth radio. I love Swarms area.

We went last week (Tuesday evening) busy enough to have an atmosphere but not packed, I got plenty done even though we didn’t get there til 5pm.
Night ride on Swarm, the park looked so pretty from the lift hill.

Having said all that, the whole park does stink of weed so maybe I’m just very relaxed whenever I visit!
I was at thorpe first fright night sunday and me and the mrs was having a pint outside to the left of VIBES

Someone sparked a joint up a few tables away from us...the security came and booted them out very quickly...no idea where they came from but it was pretty impressive

I went to Thorpe today. I went in the 3 mazes.
Survival Games definitely was more full-on this year. However, there weren't many jump scares. The chainsaw ending was rubbish, and worse than last year. However, this maze was better than last year.
Scares: 6/10
Fun Factor: 5/10
Actors: 6/10
Theming: 4/10
Storyline: 5/10
Total: 26/50
Stitches was good. It was long, and the theming was quite decent. One of the actors broke character, but the rest were quite good.
Scares: 6.5/10
Fun Factor: 6/10
Actors: 5/10
Theming: 7/10
Storyline: 5/10
Total: 29.5/50
Trailers was pathetic. The actors did not put any effort in at all, and the finale, which was the best part last year, is now rubbish.
Scares: 3/10
Fun Factor: 3/10
Actors: 3/10
Theming: 4/10
Storyline: 3.5/10
Total: 16.5/50
This year, Scarefest is much better than Fright Nights. I did do Death's Doors and The Crows of Mawkin Meadow as well. Death's Doors was better than last year, but The Crows of Mawkin Meadow has definitely been neutered this year.

Well given Thorpe introduce a new maze every year I'd expect Trailers to not return for 2024 as it's the oldest of the three.
There’s been no indication for it, platform 15 had end of the line, creek freak had the Final Cut, it seems weird to get rid of it. Maybe they’re planning to redo it with new scenes for next year?