• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

E0xhRQ7WUAEMt6K.jpg

There's a lot of negative reviews from the general public on google about Ghost Train...

They try to polish this piece of sh*t and got rid of Loggers Leap in the process. Should have spent it on an actual dark ride or coaster instead of a white elephant

Bit of a long shot here but seeing as Sega owns Angry Birds, can we get a Sonic The Hedgehog land instead?
I doubt that if they are ending one contract with Sega they are about to start a new one. I imagine they'll do an in house cheap retheme and leave it at that. I wouldn't expect anything too well themed or expensive. Especially with them opening an incredibly expensive coaster the same year.

I honestly think it would have made more sense replace the majority of Angry Birds Land with an extension of Amity (whilst incorporating Detonator into The Jungle) than replace it with a new area, as currently ABL separates Stealth from the rest of Amity. It would be nice to see them linked up finally, even if might mean less 'lands' in the park.

Not related, but they could retheme or get rid of Storm in a Teacup (or Dobble Tea Party or whatever it's called now) while they're at it too, which I find just sits there awkwardly.

Last edited:
This is excellent news, that Angry Birds re-theme was quite possibly the cheapest re-theme I have ever seen in a theme park. The complete lack of build quality in any of the theming was remarkable.

I shall however miss giving those hollow boxes a good old bash!

This is excellent news, that Angry Birds re-theme was quite possibly the cheapest re-theme I have ever seen in a theme park. The complete lack of build quality in any of the theming was remarkable.

I shall however miss giving those hollow boxes a good old bash!

Even including one of the many Cred Street rethemes?

Odds on that the news references events etc.? Let the goons froth over what could be happening and get those clicks whilst the actual reality is incredibly mundane.

Bit of a long shot here but seeing as Sega owns Angry Birds, can we get a Sonic The Hedgehog land instead?

The idea of a Sonic themed land sadly seems so very 1994. I know that many of the games are massively loved (though sadly there’s a few not so loved ones in there) but I’m not sure if a Sonic land would really have that much appeal to to wider public.

Interestingly though, and forgive me for going off at a slight tangent here, I do enjoy seeing the Sonic statue in the Sega building just down the road from CWOA when walking to the park from the train station.

As I didn’t do the original version of the ghost train.
I did the ghost train for the 1st time on the 30th Sept.
I thought it was a 7.5 out of 10. The actor who lead us into the 1st room was very good and was an excellent actor and I thought the pepper ghost effect was good and the other effects in the room was good.
In the next room when we was watching the tv report I was expecting a actor to jump out or the bloke who was in the other room with us to do something but nothing and the news report did go on a bit.
When we entered the train the 1st time the effect on been on an underground train was excellent and was hard to know if it was moving far. The actors on there were also excellent.
Now can understand why the next room is the weakest part. When really nothing happened with just the tomb opened, that stupid demon on the pulley went across the ceiling and you could still see him sticking out and just 1 of the monks/worshippers running into the room.
Then we went back out and back onto the train (Is it the same train you 1st got on?) which was good but made no sense with the nuns. The bloke who was on the train really made me jump as when the lights came back on his face was just In front of mine.
The fake shop fooled me as there was 2 girls 1 behind the counter and 1 mopping the floor. Sorry for the delay someone dropped their drink and then every thing started to move.

Well that's it with the 2023 main season. It feels like the end of a chapter for Thorpe.

I remember the excitement of 2000/2001 at thorpe with the changes in direction when Tussauds purchased it, tidal wave came in, the power of the 3 arrived, and birth of colossus. It feels like 2024 will be the start of a new golden age for the park, and possibly a new direction, that involves less destruction and mystery themes.

I really hope angry birds land gets the pirate treatment again. It would to me be ironic if pirates came back as that was the first addition Tussauds added when they bought the park and changed its direction.

On another note did the angry birds ip stop the cinema being used as a fright nights venue? Or was it just stopped? I remember seeing clips from classic films like Texas chainsaw in their and was quite impressed with actors coming out during fright nights.

Well that's it with the 2023 main season. It feels like the end of a chapter for Thorpe.

I remember the excitement of 2000/2001 at thorpe with the changes in direction when Tussauds purchased it, tidal wave came in, the power of the 3 arrived, and birth of colossus. It feels like 2024 will be the start of a new golden age for the park, and possibly a new direction, that involves less destruction and mystery themes.

I really hope angry birds land gets the pirate treatment again. It would to me be ironic if pirates came back as that was the first addition Tussauds added when they bought the park and changed its direction.

On another note did the angry birds ip stop the cinema being used as a fright nights venue? Or was it just stopped? I remember seeing clips from classic films like Texas chainsaw in their and was quite impressed with actors coming out during fright nights.
I have to agree and after my 1st visit since 2011 a lot of the park still felt the same with just the Swarm (excellent coaster), Ghost train (overall thought it was good but wouldn’t ride again unless it was walk on), The walking dead the pre show was the best bit there was no actors but the coaster was better now it goes front and only stops once mid ride. Really shouldn’t be classed as a 1.4m coaster, Labyrinth as I didn’t watch the tv series I thought it was a good maze but like ghost train wouldn’t do it again, Dodgems really couldn’t really understand this like if there was queue but it wasn’t even worth going on as it only lasted about 1 min.

3 new rides, 1 ip maze and a re-themed ride with many other failed ip attractions that’s come and gone in the past 12 years it ain’t been a great 10 years for the park compared to the previous 10 years.