• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Hi everyone. Im a big fan of Thorpe Park, i was just wondering if there was any more new on x :/ no way out's revamp ? Thanks

Welcome to the madhouse ThorpeFan. :)
So far, I think all we know is here in this topic. Though I'm sure more news will come out in the next few weeks.

Thank you :) i know that it is to be called X for the new season and that there is a change in the direction, will there be a strong focus on the theming as the old ride seemed to not have much in recent years?

ThorpeFan said:
Thank you :) i know that it is to be called X for the new season and that there is a change in the direction, will there be a strong focus on the theming as the old ride seemed to not have much in recent years?

It is rumoured that the theme will change to a club style theme, with strobe lights and load music.

I think that this is all we know really.

I still say that having the right sound track is going to be make or break for this retheme.

Yes the ride isnt the most thrilling and in my opinion didnt really fit in with the parks target market. But yes if done well the re-theme could work i think.

As a big fan of Ministry Of Sound, I very much doubt that it's music will be the soundtrack to X. Most "big room" house music is far to bright and has far too many long 1 min breakdowns with no beat at all. That stuff is meant for festivals not indoor rollercoasters. On the other side of the spectrum we have deep/tech house wich would at least provide a constant beat but is still too slow. This stuff is meant for the lounge not indoor rollercoasters! And dubstep? Nope, again too slow!

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was on park and was asked to take part in a focus group. The main aim of the focus group was to get our opinions on the parks food offerings and also the future. We had to first give our opinions on the current park offering, we said it was okay but there is a lack of undercover eating spaces and also we said it had to be more immersive with themes i.e. a restaurant to fit in with The Swarm a little like disney or universal (obviously nothing to that standard though!). Then we were asked about the thoughts of KFC and Pizza Hut being replaced by the inhouse brands.

In our opinion as long as the in house brands rivaled those of the high street then people didn't seem to mind these brands. Although there were some issues with the food offerings and more healthly options were a big need at Thorpe Park.

Intrestingly they also asked our thoughts on brands such as Pret, Nandos and some other mexican restaurants. All in all it seems as though they want to move with the times, hopefully though the inhouse brands will not wipe out any franchises!

Problem with having dub step, is that its a music genre that just as many hate as people love, like theming a ride to death metal!

You saw the same with when the old men in suits tried to appeal to hip young kids and put dub step in adverts, it sort of puts people off their product, since there is so many people who hate the genre.

I would say this is probably due to the in your face nature of the wub wub, you can't escape it if you dislike it.

Something like example would be great imo.

I think there own brand restaurant would be a fine replacement to kfc and pizza hut, as long as it isnt more expensive. And a more heavily themes restaurant would be good.i like the sound of both ideas :)

Team Edit Please use the modify post button to make changes to your message rather than submitting a second post :)

The ideal music would be something with a very simple short tune that can repeat with a few key changes. Something like Euro Mir or Eurosat ;)

(psst, ThorpeFan; if you make a mistake, you can edit you post by clicking "modify" ;) )

An update from Crashpad which I do believe is now open, although the entrance is still cordoned off.

DSCF6581_zpsaedfa3b1.jpg

www.facebook.com/ThemeParkMedia

Instead of *cough* living accommodation, what about yet another scare maze perhaps? :D

It all happened one night not so long ago when a bunch of cheapskate owners built a hotel out of shipping containers, twenty people (god bless them) stepped through the doors of one of these shipping containers and into...a nightmare...

Now, those rooms are opening once again, and this time, they are opening for you!

:D :p

James said:
Some new images of the interior of the rooms have been put up on Thorpe's site. They are different to the original photos.
The-Crash-Pad-at-THORPE-PARK-2.JPG

Still more plug sockets than a Splash room ;)

Hmmm, for the price they are they don't look too bad if they're used literally for what they are meant to be used for, just as a place to crash. Still, a shame they look an absolute eyesore from the outside! Also, I didn't think they had a window as such? Just a small port hole type thing in the door? :)

Lovin' the ride images in the background. Still rather small though. And the window they could at least provide curtains! :p

They don't look too bad in those pictures on the inside, still not great and certainly no room sosches after the bar closes.

But the outside still looks like a wing of HMP Chertsy.

And if you pick the wrong weekend, the price is still too high for what it is.