• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Hot take: I get it. I don't necessarily like it (also don't hate it) but I can understand something dynamic, clean & simple. It also has a few nods to the previous logos.

It's nothing like I expected at all, the logo itself appears a little too corporate for a theme park and will certainly take a lot of getting used to but I quite enjoy the new colourful brand (it's giving 90s!) and 'feel good thrills' identity. 20231130_201045.jpg20231130_201043.jpg

Attachments

• 20231130_201809.jpg
    20231130_201809.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hot take: I get it. I don't necessarily like it (also don't hate it) but I can understand something dynamic, clean & simple. It also has a few nods to the previous logos.

It's nothing like I expected at all, the logo itself appears a little too corporate for a theme park and will certainly take a lot of getting used to but I quite enjoy the new colourful brand (it's giving 90s!) and 'feel good thrills' identity. 20231130_201045.jpg20231130_201043.jpg
Hey, if it cleans the park up I guess

Nothing in the 90’s looked like that or had that sort of colours used.

Nothing in the 90’s looked like that or had that sort of colours used.
First two images are popular 90s styles... final image is new Thorpe Park visual identity... I see similarities...

Attachments

• 20231130_201043.jpg
    20231130_201043.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 90s-Design-Trends.jpg
    90s-Design-Trends.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 90s-pattern-pop-art-color-background-hipster-style-80s-90s-abstract-colorful-funky-background_...jpg
    90s-pattern-pop-art-color-background-hipster-style-80s-90s-abstract-colorful-funky-background_...jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 21

I agree the branding isn’t bad, it’s just not exactly sustainable for a major theme park.

I’m genuinely speechless how this got passed, I work in graphic design myself and this just seems flat and soulless, there is no character or charm and has extremely bad scalability.

There is nothing recognisable from this that screams ‘that’s Thorpe park’

In a reply to Attraction Source's post announcing the logo someone wrote this:

From: https://x.com/mattl_27/status/1730313287852584988?s=20

That does seem a bit far-fetched, but I wonder what the reasoning behind dropping "resort" is?

Because it's not really a resort - it seems like they sort of slapped 'resort' at the end of Thorpe Park sometime in the past 15 or so years to make it seem like it's more than it actually is. Merlin has a track record of doing that. Unlike Chessington and Alton, it doesn't have a proper hotel or any activities to do outside of the actual theme park premises.

I don't think they're getting rid of The Shark, if that's what you were implying. They said in the video 'we're not a resort, just a theme park with some accommodation'. To me that's probably the only welcome change to the logo, it's more honest. Thorpe Park has always been just a theme park, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Maybe whoever designed the new logo got mistaken and thought that they were designing one for the other Thorpe Park, the Haven holiday park in Cleethorpes. That new logo would fit right in there.

f103f5be51d6cba08431c2228dbc4b7a.jpg