• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Something I want to mention is the single rider queue for Stealth that was supposed to come last season? they never mentioned it in their sparkle video so I assume it's not happening now?

Something I want to mention is the single rider queue for Stealth that was supposed to come last season? they never mentioned it in their sparkle video so I assume it's not happening now?
Don’t quote me on this, but I heard that they reversed the idea due to the Stealth team attaining record throughputs this season and the park not wanting to do anything that could jeopardise the throughput. There was apparently a park-wide focus on throughputs at Thorpe in 2023.

I can believe that, to be fair. Operations were excellent at Thorpe in September!

Don’t quote me on this, but I heard that they reversed the idea due to the Stealth team attaining record throughputs this season and the park not wanting to do anything that could jeopardise the throughput. There was apparently a park-wide focus on throughputs at Thorpe in 2023.

I can believe that, to be fair. Operations were excellent at Thorpe in September!
tbf i went in july and operations were also excellent so i can believe that

If they change the name they lose the verification …
Not at all. The legacy verification system was depreciated in April this year. A blue tick now means that the account pays to be a member of Twitter / X Blue. Gold check marks are now used for verified organisations. Grey check marks are for government affiliated bodies. They can change their name without a problem.

Not at all. The legacy verification system was depreciated in April this year. A blue tick now means that the account pays to be a member of Twitter / X Blue. Gold check marks are now used for verified organisations. Grey check marks are for government affiliated bodies. They can change their name without a problem.
Yes but they still need to be manually checked by X in order to get the tick it was implemented to get around the company lookalike issue . Lol

Yes but they still need to be manually checked by X in order to get the tick it was implemented to get around the company lookalike issue . Lol
There would indeed be a temporary suspension of the blue check mark, for less than 24 hours, whilst Twitter/X reviews the change. They wouldn't "lose" the verification though.

They could get around this, however, by paying to be a Verified Organisation for business purposes, which would give them greater tools for targeting, advertising and priority in the timeline.

It’s got me thinking with all this rebranding and refurbish works. I would assume the park entrance and bridge would also be a priority to modernise, after all its first impressions? The dome on the other hand I feel is perfectly adequate and fits in line with there fresh rebrand, the park entrance and bridge does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it on good authority that the wash basins are en-route to Alton Towers as we speak to form part of the latest “updates” to the ATR toilets.

Always good to see infrastructure projects like this happening. Maybe one day Towers will get that memo…

I think Thorpe would do well to demolish the beach, bridge and dome to start again. You enter the park, enter the dome which is odd, exit and.... no clear path, with 3 small paths if you know where you're going. It'd be much better to have a nice big ramp to a central point, with a clearly signed paths from there.

To be fair they refurbished the downstairs of the dome and toilets last year and they look much better, and the upstairs had a general refurbishment not long again so it’s not bad.

Top priority should be security and the god awful 5 mile long cattle pen of temp fences/ropes/barriers which is such a bad first impression. Same with some of the prison style fencing they have around the entrance now which looks awful.

Yes the dome is perfectly fine as mentioned above but the bridge isn’t, very leisure Center/council job. It needs modernising as first impressions count if there upgrading angry birds maybe these refurbish works are in the pipeline. I can Imagine the beach and slides would be next on the list for removal in the future to free up space. Based on little demand, too much maintenance and doesn’t look great on entry.

A global rebrand review blog I’ve previously mentioned has now named Thorpe Park’s the 2nd worst of 2023.

Behind a paywall, but a summary:IMG_3504.jpeg

Original link

This just looks like some bloke's online webpage rather than any actual credible journal. The criticism doesn't really add anything to the discussion around the logo. Yeah, I totally agree that Thorpe had a bit of a mishap with making a big deal out of the rebrand given its simplicity. I think I much prefer the new logo as it's much more versatile and nowhere as in your face as the last, making it much more subtle but it can get the rings back from the old logo when they want to go for impact with the new logo, like what we've seen with some of the Hyperia construction photos.