• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Ah, but when it's hot enough to ride TW, (which means 30+ 'C for me) the queue is hours long. You can't win. Thus I never even consider it's existance anymore. Well themed as it is, it's a waste if a ride to me. We only have three days a year that are warm enough to ride it!

Thorpe Park

DiogoJ42 said:
Ah, but when it's hot enough to ride TW, (which means 30+ 'C for me) the queue is hours long. You can't win. Thus I never even consider it's existance anymore. Well themed as it is, it's a waste if a ride to me. We only have three days a year that are warm enough to ride it!

Very true. Yet there are people prepared to go on it, even in the cold. Last week I went to Thorpe and there was one person on their own on the ride... poor bugger :p

I can't remember the last time I went on Tidal Wave... probs back in 2002/2003. It lost its appeal to me...

Up until about 2011. Everytime that I visited Thorpe Park, Tidal Wave was usually the first ride of the day for me! =P Although I've not ridden it since then due to the poor weather

I agree that going on tidal wave in this weather would be freezing and you would be uncomfortable for the rest of the day, but i think if you were staying in the crash pad you could ride it and quickly nip back to the pad and dry off/change. Thats what i plan to do anyway ;D

What is it with kids wanting to get soaked? I'll never understand. There were even people on it last thing of the evening during Fright Nights.

I ride it almost every time.

I spend atleast an hour justifying the decison to myself:

"It's such an awesome ride"
"it's not 'that' cold today"
"I'll sit in the middle"
"I'll just use the people dryer and then have lunch somewhere warm afterwards"

I go on, I get soaked, I spend the rest of the day soggy, freezing and pissed off. I never learn.

Thorpe Park

I've not been on Tidal Wave. Annual pass day just gone scared me temperature wise.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

I've only ever done tidal wave once and it didn't end well I was freezing all day

You know Thorpe said about that exciting news regarding Coca-Cola, well errr yeah:

Thorpe Park said:
We’ve teamed up with Coca-Cola to bring THE SWARM to Piccadilly Circus, along with an exclusive 2-4-1 offer on tickets to THORPE PARK! Get yours now at www.theswarm241.com

523970_10151536939975867_1745695508_n.jpg

Not quite Coke Freestyle machines! Though I suppose we'll find out soon enough if they are getting them as well.

:)

Rob said:
You know Thorpe said about that exciting news regarding Coca-Cola, well errr yeah:

Thorpe Park said:
We’ve teamed up with Coca-Cola to bring THE SWARM to Piccadilly Circus, along with an exclusive 2-4-1 offer on tickets to THORPE PARK! Get yours now at www.theswarm241.com

523970_10151536939975867_1745695508_n.jpg

Awkward...:p

I always go on Tidal Wave at least once a visit. Usually go on at the end of the day though then change in the car as I always take spare clothes to any theme park just in case I get soaked on a water ride or it pours it down. I can't stand wet clothes sticking to me unless its boiling hot.

I've been on Tidal Wave once and come off bone dry.

T'was brilliant, feeling the rush of all that water pouring down on my head, but not having to walk around in sopping clothes afterwards.

Yes, the wonders of a poncho. ;)

Thorpe Park

TedTheHuman said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
Yes, the wonders of a poncho. ;)

Ponchos are for wimps ;)

LOL! :p

I always love how you have the splash zone yet it depends on the wind if it moves the wave, and you see all the kids waiting to get drenched and they don't... aha.

Thorpe have updated their website to include an updated page for the all new X

They have also included on the page, several promotional images along with the new description and height restrictions! In terms of the height restriction, it's taken a rather dramatic fall from 1.4m to just 1m... Which is a good thing I feel! Much more in keeping with the ride tbh!

Below are a couple of the promo images;

x-2.jpg

x-3.jpg

x-5.jpg

Personally... I think it's a great move, and I really can't wait to try it! :D

Yes, happy to see something done with that travesty of a ride but this still looks/sounds pretty underwhelming to me. :/

Looking at those pics I'm not expecting anything more than the same ride but forwards and with a half dozen strobe lights.