• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Surely more a crap R n R (Paris) more than Eurosat. Eurosat's music once off the lift isn't that loud, which I expect this will be.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So I'll actually be able to see where I'm going in the queue for this?

I'm interested to see how much different the ride is or if they've just put some speakers and lights around the ride.

Is there any reason why X wasn't ready for the start of the season (like a million other Merlin projects but that's for discussion at another time)? I was at Thorpe Park today, the trip was pre-planned before the weather got really bad but we decided to go anyway and could have really used X as currently it's the parks only indoor attraction.

It seems as if X was the orignal plan for a new attraction this year, but for what ever reason the budget got cut and cancelled, they then posted about Swarm forward and the marketing push all went on that. Then very close to park opening it came out that X would be closed and rethemed.

So seems to me Thorpe managed to get some money very last minute, which would explain why it hasnt been done during the closed season.

I really can't wait to see how this ride turns out. Those lights/lasers look awesome! :)

I think I read on TPM it was a problem at Vekoma's end getting the new trains ready, which caused the slight delay and hence why it was announced only recently. This would also explain why last week some of the X trains were outside the pyramid. :)

I believe X will reopen in the next few days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'd say this is the 2nd most exciting "new for 2013" attraction at the UK Merlin parks for me. I know it's only X and the coaster itself is pretty dire, but I'm a massive sucker for a good light show and this looks right up my street. Hope it opens in time for my next visit.

I know it's heracy to say this, but I'm more excited for this than I am for The Smiler.
*runs*

DiogoJ42 said:
I know it's heracy to say this, but I'm more excited for this than I am for The Smiler.
*runs*

I sit in the middle of these two posts. ;)

DISCO COAAAASTEEEEEEEEEER!!!

Personally cannot wait for this! Mini-coaster rave? I am IN IN IN!

;D

a3550335-118-disco-stu.gif

John said:
I'd say this is the 2nd most exciting "new for 2013" attraction at the UK Merlin parks for me. I know it's only X and the coaster itself is pretty dire, but I'm a massive sucker for a good light show and this looks right up my street. Hope it opens in time for my next visit.

I see that they have some nice blue lights and arrows the queue...

Any chance that they have some left over for Air's tunnel? ;)

Johno said:
I was surprised no MOS IP...

Ministry of Sound's music really would not fit with a roller coaster for reasons I have gone over before. And as far as anyone knows, I am the walking encyclopaedia when it comes to all things Ministry Of Sound.

Thorpe Park are offering free return visits for bad weather on the day.

"All you have to do is visit us between 27 March and 30 April 2013, and if it rains for one hour or more or if the temperature stays below 5 degrees all day, we’ll guarantee you a FREE like for like return visit on or between 15 April – 2 May, 7 May – 23 May, 4 June – 5 July, 2 September – 9th October 2013."

http://thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/weatherproofing.aspx

Spike said:
Thorpe Park are offering free return visits for bad weather on the day.

"All you have to do is visit us between 27 March and 30 April 2013, and if it rains for one hour or more or if the temperature stays below 5 degrees all day, we’ll guarantee you a FREE like for like return visit on or between 15 April – 2 May, 7 May – 23 May, 4 June – 5 July, 2 September – 9th October 2013."

http://thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/weatherproofing.aspx

Staying below 5 degrees all day? That seems a bit excessive. I'm all for great service, but that seems OTT to me.

Thorpe what are you doing?

This is wrong. Just wrong. Organised, refreshing rides, adding theme, most rides open consistently so far this year, offering more perks

ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!

*runs away, the world's gone insane*

I'd say it was below 5 the whole time I was there the other day. I think they were offering this then but as MAP owners it didn't effect us.

Tim said:
I'd say it was below 5 the whole time I was there the other day. I think they were offering this then but as MAP owners it didn't effect us.

Should they be offering something to MAP holders do you think?

I'm not sure that a cold day is reason enough to give anyone anything to be honest, unless it drastically affects ride openings, if you can travel, you can know the weather.

It is a very nice gesture, I think it is a step too far though and I would rather this focus was somewhere else - an hours rain too? An hour? That can happen in summer lol! We are in Britain, not the Sahara.

You know Merlin, there is something called Middle Ground ;D - the place where it isn't awful, and isn't more generous than Christmas. ;D

Still funny though, it's like Thorpe are on a mission this year so far - have to congratulate them on what seems an excellent start to the season, ultimately if they continue this, everyone is a winner.

The first time I went to Thorpe was an excellent day, it makes the place quite different entirely to visit.