• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

It would have been nice if they'd cancelled the parking charge :mad: but besides that no they don't need to give annual pass holders anything. We can always come back another day and unlike people that pre-booked we were aware of the weather situation and could have chosen another day.

In my experience at Thorpe last year when they handed out free return tickets MAP holders got a Fastrack ticket for the rest of the 'off-season' (i.e. until Fright Nights)...

You do have to ask though, because they don't advertise such stuff...

According to Thorpe Park Mania on Facebook, X has just opened, They have been showing pictures of the queue line. m gonna do some digging around and find out what the ride is actually like now.

Thorpe Park

5 degrees seems fair considering a lot of rides struggle to run under that temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Im actually sending this from the Crash Pads at the park. Ive got to say today has been brilliant. All rides have been open and from what ive seen the only one to close was the swarm but only for 10 minutes. The longest i have queued is 1 hour for X. It is a decent ride but in my opinion i preferred it as it was. It is really just loud music and a lot of lights. The Swarm backwards on the other hand is brilliant. Changes the ride completely and makes the ride experience better. Also the crash pads are very nice, clean and well equppied with the essentials. The wifi is also very good and fast. I will post again tommorow on the evening entertainment but overall, a ten out of ten for Thorpe Park today :)

HaydenCR said:
According to Thorpe Park Mania on Facebook, X has just opened, They have been showing pictures of the queue line. m gonna do some digging around and find out what the ride is actually like now.

According to CF, it still stops and starts... :/

ThorpeFan said:
The longest i have queued is 1 hour for X. It is a decent ride but in my opinion i preferred it as it was. It is really just loud music and a lot of lights.

Seriously, how poor does a re theme have to be to make someone prefer the old version of that abomination? Do you line up before you board whilst a ride op kicks every second person in the nuts or something?!

Alastair said:
HaydenCR said:

According to CF, it still stops and starts... :/

What? Why? Do they think its a good idea? I honestly never really minded it but I know others do. I enjoy the ride (in its previous incarnation) quite a bit for some reason. Nonetheless I think the rides re-theme is a good move for the Park. It is now 200 times more kid-friendly. I hope.

Novas said:
ThorpeFan said:
The longest i have queued is 1 hour for X. It is a decent ride but in my opinion i preferred it as it was. It is really just loud music and a lot of lights.

Seriously, how poor does a re theme have to be to make someone prefer the old version of that abomination? Do you line up before you board whilst a ride op kicks every second person in the nuts or something?!

Theres not much that makes it a "fun" ride. The lights are well done but they do not make the ride much better in my opinion. Plus you can see the track because of them now. (Not that that is a problem)

It was probably too much effort (in terms of technical and mechanical alterations) to bother changing the stop/starts.

thefatone said:
Any changes would make huge differences to the throughput as well, it's low enough as it is!

I was under the impression they were blocks for both ride experience and throughput so I am not at all surprised to find it remains.

CF said it had a very bizarre new title though, "X, ride on a wave of light and sound".

What?

Thorpe Park

It's just X.

The other bit will be a tag line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I dont think the actual ride has changed at all, its like they've just turned the trains round and added some lights.

ThorpeFan said:
I dont think the actual ride has changed at all, its like they've just turned the trains round and added some lights.
That is what they have done :p

The track and layout is obviously identical, and it seems the block brakes are also still there. The difference is that you now go forward and it has had a change of theme.