• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

With a big ride opening this year, it’s a rather strange decision on the capacity side of things?
I would imagine that the Black Mirror IP was up for renewal, or rather the general agreement with Netflix. The novelty has worn off slightly and the whole park does seem to be moving away from IPs slowly, thankfully. It might have made sense to execute the presumable break clause, rather than continue or renew when it came up.

If it was Dynamos ghost train would you refer to it as “straight magicians VR gash train” ? Very odd phraseology
I’d have called it dull magician very gash train
you might find it odd, but it is truthful. He is openly gay and a magician.
I have no issue with gays (being a homosexual myself) but Ive never “got” magicians, call it elitism, snobbery, whatever, it’s just entertainment for the uneducated.

Like it’s a downgrade. Ultimately it is a sign for a flat ride. All the flats in lost city is the same font over a different kaleidoscope-y background.

They could do better, but do we really care?
I do - there’s a world of difference between this:

IMG_4400.jpeg

and this:

IMG_4401.jpeg

If we’re going to go down the “oh it’s only a sign/logo for a flat ride” route then the park might as well not bother having any theme for any area and welcome visitors to each attraction with a laminated piece of A4 and the ride name typed in Arial point 72.

That Detonator logo genuinely looks like the sort of thing I threw together in WordArt for Office 95 when I was about 6.

Combined with the Thorpe Industrial Estate logo it’s really not a good look for their branding IMO.
The new Thorpe Park logo really showed its flaws on The Sun’s promotional poster, it just sunk into the background and became almost unnoticeable unless looking for it.

If we’re going to go down the “oh it’s only a sign/logo for a flat ride” route then the park might as well not bother having any theme for any area and welcome visitors to each attraction with a laminated piece of A4 and the ride name typed in Arial point 72.
Fair, I did forget about the zodiac wheel in the background.