• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I’m not the target market for this, but does anyone watch this unmic’ed, bandwagon-jumping video and think “ooo this is good content”? Boggles the mind…

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3K8QL_t4xy/?igsh=MzloMWhmM2VrcTgw

Extremely random post, it‘s as if they thought hmm we haven’t met our post quota yet this week and posted this knowing it’ll get engagement because it’s completely random and the poor audio.

Job done, we’re talking about it

Presumably their brief was to make a video with all the good things about working at Thorpe Park. They sat there for a couple of hours with a blank sheet of paper, and then one of them went, ‘I think that Jack Silkstone guy’s quite cute’, and the other one went, ‘Yes, that’s what we’ll base our video on’.

If it wasn't for the fact that they have a new coaster coming this year, I would never ever go to that place ever again after seeing that video (all the shite they've shared in the last few years doesn't help either). The logo is still pathetic too. Never forget.

Does anyone on this forum actually engage with general social media ? This trend has been going on for a few weeks now, Thorpe is just joining in.

Producing content relating to TikTok and social media trends has for a while been established as part of Thorpe Park’s branding strategy. You may dislike it, you may not be the target market, but everyone is acting like it’s a lot more than it actually is - a TikTok trend

Last edited:
Closed season hit us hard huh? Is this really a point of discussion? It is a throway video, that we aren’t even the target market for. It made people think about Thorpe park, it did it’s job, and that’s that.

It's a throwaway piece of social media filler fluff, probably suggested and made by a young team member on minimum wage after a bRaInStOrMiNg session.

I for one will be there at 9 am tomorrow to protest and demand the team member be fired, deported, and shot into deep space for allowing such horrors to be thrust upon the enthusiasts. Don't worry, I'll be wearing a mic.

My signal is absolutely shocking where I am this week so I'm only getting drip fed internet - can't remember if it was on here or Twitter that someone mentioned Black Mirror being removed from the website/app but Thorpe had now posted this in the Passholder Group:

Screenshot_20240215-105752_Facebook.jpg

I think Thorpe needs to move away from IPs in the future. Towers has done well building up attractions s like Ciurse at Alton Manor, Hex and Nemesis. Hopefully Hyperia is that start of trusting thier own IPs more.