• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I really enjoyed it and I know international traveler’s found it really unique compared to rides around the world, what a shame and waste of money I thought it was a great filler like Sub Terror and for all ages to enjoy.

You can put scare mazes anywhere I don’t see this as an advantage. With a big ride opening this year, it’s a rather strange decision on the capacity side of things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following the discussion on here a few weeks back as to why the TP season was set to start on a Sunday, today the park have confirmed they will now open on Saturday 23rd.

Previous discussion suggested 23rd was originally being held back for an official launch day of Hyperia if they could get it ready on time. Now they have replaced this with a regular park day it seems to confirm Hyperia won’t be opening with the season. Not that this is any big surpise really.

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3XdUZEhJ7Z/?igsh=MXVtMGVsanNwajVvNw==

Let’s add it to the pile of Merlin dark rides that had an IP slapped on and failed miserably within a couple of seasons.
Joining such greats as:

I’m a celebrity maze
Magicians VR gash train
Saw Alive until the boat sinks
Sub terra v 1 and v2.
Alton dungeon (not gone yet, but it’s doing those last few difficult breaths with a chest ruttle)
Have I missed any more?

Let’s add it to the pile of Merlin dark rides that had an IP slapped on and failed miserably within a couple of seasons.
Joining such greats as:

I’m a celebrity maze
Gay magicians VR gash train
Sub terra v 1 and v2.
Alton dungeon (not gone yet, but it’s doing those last few difficult breaths with a chest ruttle)
Have I missed any more?
Ice Age: Watch some bad film clips in a cold-ish room? 😂

Unfortunately I remember Fright Nights 2018 which featured Saw Alive (For the ninth time), TWD: Do or Die, TWD: Living Nightmare and Blair Witch on top of the usual IPs. That was also the year of Love Island Lates :frowning:

Unfortunately I remember Fright Nights 2018 which featured Saw Alive (For the ninth time), TWD: Do or Die, TWD: Living Nightmare and Blair Witch on top of the usual IPs. That was also the year of Love Island Lates :frowning:
Fright Nights 2018 was an awful line-up by most accounts. I did visit (although I didn't do the mazes) in that year, and the general park atmosphere was definitely not as good as it is now at Thorpe.

Joining such greats as:

I’m a celebrity maze
Gay magicians VR gash train
Sub terra v 1 and v2.
Have I missed any more?
  1. I'm a celeb was bad.
  2. I don't see what being gay has to do with anything? It was still received positively at first until it was no longer being cared for.
  3. Saw alive was actually well received at the time, it only closed because of the boat. Most scaremazes only last a few seasons anyway, it was never going to be a permanent attraction.
  4. Sub-terra v2 only opened last year to positive reception, its only been open a year so I don't think that we should consider it a failure
  5. Alton dungeon has been open since 2019 and is still going to open in 2024. That's 5 years of being open, I don't see how that's a failure, regardless of your opinions on the attraction.

Speculating based on absolutely nothing but, if Slammer and BM are going, surely that leaves a large enough area for a nice flat to complement Hyperia or possibly an extension of the ride building/area where TWD currently resides in the future 🤔 Regardless, it would be really good to see something exciting there, especially as Slammer has been SBNO for sooo long!

Bit late to the party, but Black Mirror is closing? Well then...
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Funny I was talking about the previous evening about having a mirror maze attraction in the X-Cite building in X-Sector and now this happens...huh, go figure.