• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

So is a negative G when you're launching up the spike of Stealth?

And a positive G is on the way down?
Not expressly, no. Negative g’s is when you come out of the seat and feel airtime, whereas positive g’s is when you are pushed into your seat with g-force.

On the example of Stealth, the positive g’s would be felt going up the top hat and in the valley at the bottom of it, and the negative g’s would be felt going over the top of it (either into the crest or out of the crest depending on where in the train you are).

Personally, I find high negative g’s far more tolerable than high positive g’s. I’m not sure I’ve ever expressly felt the effect of high negative g’s, whereas I have definitely felt the effect of high positives before.

Personally, I find high negative g’s far more tolerable than high positive g’s. I’m not sure I’ve ever expressly felt the effect of high negative g’s, whereas I have definitely felt the effect of high positives before.

Ok makes sense!

Then i'd say negative g is more a pleasant experience and find it surprising that it could cause people to "grey out"!

Whereas positive g, the most intense i can think of that i've ridden is Rage at Adventure Island, that's not much fun.

So i'm a Neggy G guy.

Then i'd say negative g is more a pleasant experience and find it surprising that it could cause people to "grey out"!
I think it might be a delayed response to the positive g force prior. For example Ritas 1st and 2nd hill you’re going up into the hill after positive g force. Same with Saw you go into the immelmann after pulling out the drop

I think it might be a delayed response to the positive g force prior. For example Ritas 1st and 2nd hill you’re going up into the hill after positive g force. Same with Saw you go into the immelmann after pulling out the drop
Yes definitely a delayed response to positives. The only grey outs I've experienced have been either during the element of sustained positives or shortly after, as a consequence of the positives.

For instance from my experience:
- Rita - Grey out shortly after the high speed bank turn over th13teen's entrance
- swarm - mid way through the incline loop after the valley of the zero g and entrance to this element
- swarm - entering the corkscrew after the low to the ground lake turn

Personally, I’ve only ever had blurred vision when experiencing positive g-forces. As an example, I have previously experienced slightly blurred vision on:
  • Rita in the tight turn over Thirteen’s queue line directly following the first airtime hill.
  • Nemesis at the bottom of the helix.
  • The Swarm when entering the corkscrew after the low lake turn.

Hi gang. I just thought I would post a report about my day at Thorpe Park yesterday. I wonder if anyone here happened to be in the stealth station when things went crazy...

I was queuing for stealth when a woman weaved her way down the line until she was blocked by a guy who wouldn't let her past. She turned around hopped over the fence to connect to the final part of the queue line by the launch and then stood up on the fence and taunted the guy who blocked her (along with everyone else waiting patiently in line).

I was annoyed so I reported it through the WhatsApp thing on the app. soon after that another group of people behind us brazenly opened up a connecting gate to skip from the start of the queue to the same place.

This really p#@$d me off so I reported it again on the app but having lost confidence in Thorpe Park I told the staff manning the queue line. He seemed to suddenly have other places to be and I didn't feel confident in him doing anything so I took a picture of the jumper and posted it on the Whatsapp. The guy saw me take the photo and went crazy. He pushed onto the station and along with his accomplice threatened to punch us and take us down.

The staff member eventually came up to me and asked me to delete the photo in order to try and de escalate the situation which I gladly agreed as I was feeling unsafe at this point. He reassured me that it would be dealt with and as we boarded the ride security was called.

What shocked us is that later on that day we saw him again still roaming around the park. The staff member heard his threats of assault yet this guy was still in the park?

It made us feel really uneasy for the rest of the day in case we came into contact with them in an open place within the park. I was very disappointed with the lack of support from Thorpe Park. They didn't acknowledge my WhatsApp report even when I told them of the threats.

Needless to say I have written a complaint to them as I don't feel I have had an enjoyable day but hopefully they will reply with a refund or something because currently I am really not impressed.

Hi gang. I just thought I would post a report about my day at Thorpe Park yesterday. I wonder if anyone here happened to be in the stealth station when things went crazy...

I was queuing for stealth when a woman weaved her way down the line until she was blocked by a guy who wouldn't let her past. She turned around hopped over the fence to connect to the final part of the queue line by the launch and then stood up on the fence and taunted the guy who blocked her (along with everyone else waiting patiently in line).

I was annoyed so I reported it through the WhatsApp thing on the app. soon after that another group of people behind us brazenly opened up a connecting gate to skip from the start of the queue to the same place.

This really p#@$d me off so I reported it again on the app but having lost confidence in Thorpe Park I told the staff manning the queue line. He seemed to suddenly have other places to be and I didn't feel confident in him doing anything so I took a picture of the jumper and posted it on the Whatsapp. The guy saw me take the photo and went crazy. He pushed onto the station and along with his accomplice threatened to punch us and take us down.

The staff member eventually came up to me and asked me to delete the photo in order to try and de escalate the situation which I gladly agreed as I was feeling unsafe at this point. He reassured me that it would be dealt with and as we boarded the ride security was called.

What shocked us is that later on that day we saw him again still roaming around the park. The staff member heard his threats of assault yet this guy was still in the park?

It made us feel really uneasy for the rest of the day in case we came into contact with them in an open place within the park. I was very disappointed with the lack of support from Thorpe Park. They didn't acknowledge my WhatsApp report even when I told them of the threats.

Needless to say I have written a complaint to them as I don't feel I have had an enjoyable day but hopefully they will reply with a refund or something because currently I am really not impressed.
Main problem with Thorpe - the target audience

Hope you feel alright that sounds horrible

Thats a big shame, hope you're okay.

On a few occasions this year i've seen security actively walk through the Hyperia queue line and kick people out so I know they do use it and it works well at times. Shame it didn't on your occasion.

Similarly, every time I've seen people get kicked out of a queue for queue jumping they haven't been kicked out of the park. They need to stop being so soft.

In your case, they've queue jumped and verbally assaulted so thats pretty poor they didn't get kicked out.

Please update us on your reply from Thorpe, i'd be interested to hear what they respond.

I'm sorry you had a threatening experience. Please don't let that put you off liking the park. I would imagine these were from the great unwashed part of society where everyone owns them something.

I think you did everything right and the fact you were verbally abused Infront of a staff member shows the little respect the security team have.

If it were me I'd have kept the image and sent it on, but I'm a big lad and don't take intimidation lightly.

I'd also bring this up on social and shame the park.

M£rlin need to stop lip service and actually go through with the signage and threat's they display.

It's qué jumping washing!

Anyway I hope your next visit is fantastic and you did all the right things! Stay strong and thanks for your report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please help me understand this because it’s odd. Apparently Hyperia is closed due to high winds but yet the other coasters are open. According to Thorpe parks website Hyperia has the highest wind limit but yet is the first to close? The only thing I can think of is that wind speed increases the higher up you get. This makes measuring wind speed pointless as they should base it off ground level because it means Hyperia is more sensitive to wind due to the rides height. The website makes this confusing as it implies that Hyperia has the highest wind limit when it doesn’t

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hyperia’s wind speed limit was dropped slightly after the stall (although the ride does seem to have sped up a bit since then, admittedly).

Wind speed is also multi-faceted. It depends on direction, altitude and such; a wind of a given speed will feel very different on the ground to how it is at 236ft in the air.

So sorry the park is at fault for that and people shouldn't queue jump and would escalate the matter with the park.Some parks are really in need of some improvement in that department maybe more security presence around the park.

Can someone please help me understand this because it’s odd. Apparently Hyperia is closed due to high winds but yet the other coasters are open. According to Thorpe parks website Hyperia has the highest wind limit but yet is the first to close? The only thing I can think of is that wind speed increases the higher up you get. This makes measuring wind speed pointless as they should base it off ground level because it means Hyperia is more sensitive to wind due to the rides height. The website makes this confusing as it implies that Hyperia has the highest wind limit when it doesn’t
Why should they base the restriction on ground level wind speeds, that is just crazy.
So the wind is 20mph at ground level due to high levels of shelter from surrounding buildings and vegetation, but a fifty mph wind at 300 foot up has just valleyed out the coaster.
But hey, thats fine!

It gets windier the higher up you go...universal truth.
Been used to it at the Beach for decades, bored with arguing with dippy about it!
Gentle breeze on the park, Very breezy on the Dipper...Big One shut due to high winds high up.
Just about every week.

Saw was also shut for winds when I looked earlier, so it may be to do with location rather than height.