• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They don't need to state anything.
They just say closed due to the wind.
There is nothing to interpret!
yes I think it's good that they at least say why it's closed rather than just 'closed' which could mean anything.

BTT: it's 47mph at 236ft I believe as others have said, not from ground level

I visited last year during a storm, and in the morning all rides were pretty much closed except for SAW, even when the winds weren't that noticeable from walking around ground level. Luckily got on Saw and within 5 minutes that also closed, leaving just TWD and a limping quantum open, but by that point even ground level winds were aggressive

They don't need to state anything.
They just say closed due to the wind.
There is nothing to interpret!

In fairness I really like that Thorpe have listed limits. Retrospectively if I had known the same at AT I wouldn’t have gone on the day when the few attractions we use were going to be vulnerable.

Do typically check the Met gust predictions on most visits now.

Last edited:
For those interested here is Thorpe Parks response to my complaint which I have accepted.

Dear Alex,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here at Thorpe Park, we hope this email finds you well.

Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the experience you had with us and would like to assure you this is not typical of the usual high standards we offer during a day out at Thorpe Park. We have very high expectations for the experience we provide to our guests daily, and we are disappointed that we did not deliver that for you and therefore completely understand your frustrations and disappointment also.

I would like to apologise for the queue jumping issue that you experienced. We take incidents of anti-social behaviour with a great deal of seriousness and I apologise that this was not the case and your reports were not answered with enough seriousness. I would also like to apologise for the aggressive behaviour of the guest and I hope you are okay. I will pass this feedback to the relevant teams for review.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you 3x Priority Ride Passes per person. Each one of our Priority Ride Passes essentially enacts as a One-Shot Fastrack ticket, therefore entitling you to the Fastrack queue line for one ride, one time only. The only difference is that Priority Ride Passes can be used on any of our rides/attractions apart from Hyperia (new for 2024!). You will not need to book a timeslot for our Priority Ride Passes therefore the freedom of when you want to use this during your day is completely down to your group.

The Priority Ride Passes will be valid until the end of September 2024, no excluded dates will apply, and please keep in mind that once these are redeemed, they cannot be returned to the system and they must be used on the day of collection.

If this is of interest, please let me know within the next 14 days and I can proceed with arranging this for you.

Kind Regards,
Oli | Customer Service Host
Thorpe Park

For those interested here is Thorpe Parks response to my complaint which I have accepted.

Dear Alex,

Thank you for getting in contact with us here at Thorpe Park, we hope this email finds you well.

Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the experience you had with us and would like to assure you this is not typical of the usual high standards we offer during a day out at Thorpe Park. We have very high expectations for the experience we provide to our guests daily, and we are disappointed that we did not deliver that for you and therefore completely understand your frustrations and disappointment also.

I would like to apologise for the queue jumping issue that you experienced. We take incidents of anti-social behaviour with a great deal of seriousness and I apologise that this was not the case and your reports were not answered with enough seriousness. I would also like to apologise for the aggressive behaviour of the guest and I hope you are okay. I will pass this feedback to the relevant teams for review.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you 3x Priority Ride Passes per person. Each one of our Priority Ride Passes essentially enacts as a One-Shot Fastrack ticket, therefore entitling you to the Fastrack queue line for one ride, one time only. The only difference is that Priority Ride Passes can be used on any of our rides/attractions apart from Hyperia (new for 2024!). You will not need to book a timeslot for our Priority Ride Passes therefore the freedom of when you want to use this during your day is completely down to your group.

The Priority Ride Passes will be valid until the end of September 2024, no excluded dates will apply, and please keep in mind that once these are redeemed, they cannot be returned to the system and they must be used on the day of collection.

If this is of interest, please let me know within the next 14 days and I can proceed with arranging this for you.

Kind Regards,
Oli | Customer Service Host
Thorpe Park
hahahhaha maybe I should start complaining and make up fake scenarios for free fastrack

But that's good that they replied relatively promptly! Hopefully it was just an isolated situation and they are better dealing with these issues on a day-to-day basis. Lets hope they're not just talk and actually enforce their 'rules' moving forward!

I think that's pretty poor to be honest. It's their answer to everything.

"Ok have a free fast-track that costs us nothing beyond further downgrading the experience for other customers, as long as you come back and give us more money within 30 days". It's also rather presumptuous that you'll be able and willing to do that. I'm guessing you've accepted because you are but i wonder what the alternative would have been?

And yet at Towers last year when I complained about dust in my Splash Landings hotel room (room was clean, just dusty) and an electric cable's outer cover had come loose, they gave me 40% off my next stay, free water park tickets and free park entry for my party who stayed in the room.

I know Towers can offer compensation as weak as what Thorpe has here, but my point is that there is no consistency with the complaint and its compensation level offered. I made it clear I was not complaining to get compensation, just to make them aware - maybe it was my honesty that got me that amount of compensation!

Last edited:
I thought all of the above and could have rejected the offer on principle but I'm actually looking to return in September with my sister so it should make for a good day with the fast tracks hopefully..

My main hope is that they actually start responding to the WhatsApp group messages in the future because it seems like they have just setup a blank account to to give lip service which is worrying when they advertise it as a means to report directly to security and guest services.

In the long-term, what do we actually see happening to the ghost train and it's building?

The current attraction just doesn't seem sustainable to keep at the park for a long time and it would be crazy to reimagine it into ghost train 4.0.

Honestly, the area it takes is prime real estate for a trackless dark ride of some kind. We're looking at around 24,820 sq ft that could be developed into an actual ride, rather than an 'experience'

In the long-term, what do we actually see happening to the ghost train and it's building?

The current attraction just doesn't seem sustainable to keep at the park for a long time and it would be crazy to reimagine it into ghost train 4.0.

Honestly, the area it takes is prime real estate for a trackless dark ride of some kind. We're looking at around 24,820 sq ft that could be developed into an actual ride, rather than an 'experience'
My hope is x:/NWO building gets flattened and used for an indoor attraction first. That coaster is not what it once was and it could be used for an amazing indoor experience.

What’s happening with the fright nights marketing? I remember it happening last year about now.

Although, I worry the whole ‘office’ setup for the teaser campaign is starting to get old now, I liked it last year when it was the toymaker setting up shop. It was a bit different

The height restriction was raised to 1.4m to suit the horror theme. If TWD was rethemed to something more family friendly I'm sure the height restriction would be reduced.
It didn't.
There are a lot of nervous 1.4 metre coaster riders out there.
That's true for knowing guests, but I can imagine quite a few guests have no idea what the ride is like before they queue, unless they rode it as X or No way out. Although I guess I'm underestimating the impact of word of mouth, so I presume they probably do know what the ride entails

I got to the park just before 5 today for the first of the 9pm closes this summer and had a great evening. Managed multiple rides on Hyperia and Stealth, all other major coasters and a few flats.

They got seriously unlucky with the weather, so I hope this doesn't put them off late closes in the future as today clearly wasn't successful. After half 6 the park really filtered out and the only ride with a queue was Hyperia.

Great ops across the board. Stealth team were smashing trains out as per usual, putting in 100% effort even when there was no queue.

I'm surprised they didn't offer discounted tickets for late entry. Could've tried marketing it a bit more on social media with later entry tickets maybe..