• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Very very soon???

Four weeks away matey...
It will be the same old stuff, mixed up a bit, probably with a sad old clown with a chainsaw, again.

Boo.
That is ten pounds please.
I’m not too sure about that. They announced all the mazes weeks before now last year, and I usually book about now.

I think the maze quality has gone up hugely, and they’re adding more into it every year. I thought stitches was brilliant last year!

Prices though…. 10 pounds is steep. I’d like to see it halved.

If I recall the accessibility detail is further down the ride page. The "missing limb" section is a more specific area that links to a different part of the app itself since it's often more detailed than "go use this queueline or exit".

Think its safe to say the cuts have now reached Thorpe. With Rumba closed for the season, and Detonator, Inferno, Walking Dead, Vortex, Fish, Tidal Wave, Quantum, Depth Charge all showed as late opening today.

Doesn't help that Hyperia is also opening late daily and Ghost train is always a 12pm opening. Thats a lot of the park closed in the morning.

Was bound to happen with some of the cuts we're seeing at the other parks. I'd still take these late openings over reduced opening hours though. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Think its safe to say the cuts have now reached Thorpe. With Rumba closed for the season, and Detonator, Inferno, Walking Dead, Vortex, Fish, Tidal Wave, Quantum, Depth Charge all showed as late opening today.

Doesn't help that Hyperia is also opening late daily and Ghost train is always a 12pm opening. Thats a lot of the park closed in the morning.

Was bound to happen with some of the cuts we're seeing at the other parks. I'd still take these late openings over reduced opening hours though. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.
It's robbing Peter to pay Paul. Later evening openings toward the end of summer, more coming up with Fright Nights, the park winds down and saves it's staffing budget as it theoretically prepares for its busiest season. Throw in that every seasonal sixth former, or university student, have handed in their notices for summer jobs.

Were the staggered openings today not due to the high winds? If I’m correct, vortex is the most sensitive to high winds in the entire park, so it makes sense that it was scheduled to open at 12:30pm.

Only TWD doesn’t make sense and seems to be a budgetary choice

Not weather related no, a lot of the same rides (including Vortex) opened late Thurs + Fri last week too so it all started on off peak days.

When rides are closed for weather they don't tend to schedule rides for a specific time to open too, they normally show as 'Weather delay' in the app and will open as soon as the wind speed would allow them to.

Unfortunate incident happened on Vortex today, a poor guy got rained in vomit walking in the queue, from someone on the ride as it was in full swing. He was just walking in the wrong place at the wrong time, but got absolutely covered. Really felt sorry for him
Think that properly happens a lot, we noticed on our last visit how the queue line passes right underneath the ride vehicle and made sure to leave a strategic gap in the queue. I'm pretty sure it closed for cleaning more than once that day as well.

We've also seen a couple of very queasy looking riders coming very close to barfing in the past, it's definitely one of the most nauseating rides at thorpe.

I guess if you really don't want to be vommed on, don't ride vortex...

Was at the park yesterday and didn't notice any reduction in staffing levels which is positive.

3 hosts on both Vortex and Samurai
4 staff checking restraints + staff batching on both Colossus and Inferno.

Thought some of these would be the first to be cut, never used to see this on off peak days in previous years.

Only thing I did notice was SRQ closed on Saw which probably means there was no one batching, can't confirm as I didn't ride it.