• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

This year looks… good. I have reason to believe that trailers had got a bit of a refurb, and I guess the new maze is going to be a good replacement for deaths doors, but the theme really doesn’t jump out at me. A night club? Wasn’t survival games already night club enough for you already? Is it just going to be black mirror labyrinth?

I suppose I should hold judgment, but to be frank I would’ve preferred a few more new scare zones over the new maze, but for all I know it could be really good. Even if I have doubts, especially about the cost of all this. I can run scare zones over and over, but mazes.. only once. And at a cost.

The actual reveal video was well done. It’s cool and cheesy, which is just about encapsulated what I want from a Halloween event. It’s meant to be a bit of a laugh, I don’t actually want to shit myself. I liked it, especially the people getting picked off was a nice change of pace. Even if we are missing an ‘icon’ as it were, I quite liked the idea of that.

The theme of Deadbeat doesn't appeal to me. If @The_bup is correct about a refurb for Trailers, I will be pleased, but I would prefer Thorpe to scrap it and put in something better.

I’m thinking for that space where deadbeat is, maybe they could’ve put a maze themed to being in a computer virus? Proper X callbacks an all, maybe even a H.R Giger art style? Think Alien and Scorn

Random question anyone know what the capacity is for Thorpe?
In 2006 it was 15,000.

I'm aware that's 18 years ago now, but the actual physical space of the park hasn't changed very much at all. It's likely to be similar.

In 2006 it was 15,000.

I'm aware that's 18 years ago now, but the actual physical space of the park hasn't changed very much at all. It's likely to be similar.
I can imagine that with the likes of Saw, Swarm and Ghost Train opening since, that the park may have increased capacity slightly in comparison to 2006.

In 2006, the main rides were Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Stealth and the headliners have doubled since.

I can imagine that with the likes of Saw, Swarm and Ghost Train opening since, that the park may have increased capacity slightly in comparison to 2006.

In 2006, the main rides were Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Stealth and the headliners have doubled since.
Rider capacity, yes, maybe. Physical capacity of how many people can fit into the park safely, for fire evacuation reasons, or even car park spaces, I don't think so. Thorpe Park has, if anything, actually lost physical space since 2006 overall, rather than gained it.