• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Presumably thunderstorms and lightning.

Which would be bloody typical since I'm going tomorrow. Was looking lovely with 20 min queues for Hyperia too.

To be fair wind gusts will only be 14mph max tomorrow so at least that rules out the possibility of wind induced closures

I think Thorpe would be better ditching Oktoberfest, start Fright Nights mid-September and do Mon - Wed closed, Thursday and Friday 12 - 8 and the weekend doing 12pm whilst 12am if possible, with Mon - Wed becoming 12 - 8 week before school holidays and 12 - 10 during the holidays.

I think Thorpe would be better ditching Oktoberfest, start Fright Nights mid-September and do Mon - Wed closed, Thursday and Friday 12 - 8 and the weekend doing 12pm whilst 12am if possible, with Mon - Wed becoming 12 - 8 week before school holidays and 12 - 10 during the holidays.
I don't think that would be a good idea.. Fright nights is definitely an October event, Oktoberfest is a generally new event at Thorpe they need time to develop and strengthen the event.. (btw this is only my opinion no hate to you c: )

Is Thorpe park actually going to tell me what’s happening at Fright Nights? We’ve had no announcements and it starts very very soon…

I don't think that would be a good idea.. Fright nights is definitely an October event, Oktoberfest is a generally new event at Thorpe they need time to develop and strengthen the event.. (btw this is only my opinion no hate to you c: )
I think Oktoberfest at Thorpe has been running for as long as Towers' event (theirs started in 2020) or maybe a year less so they've had 2 or 3 years to develop it.

It looks very cheap especially the budget Christmas trees and the stage new location Is arguably worse? With little to no seating and most of which is not in view of the state, it does look abit of a mess to be honest. There no comparison to AT there offering is miles better here!

I think Oktoberfest at Thorpe has been running for as long as Towers' event (theirs started in 2020) or maybe a year less so they've had 2 or 3 years to develop it.
That is a valid point.. But I do feel like with the park's more family friendly rebrand I would expect it to stay around

Seems like another terrible idea from Poole that is slowly fading, seemed like a cheap ploy to get university students at a quieter time of year.

Just make your attractions better and more suited to year round climate. Then you won’t need the events.

I'm there right now and there's not much to say about it. There's a band with polka instruments playing pop songs, not much in the way of Germanic food (very basic bratwurst stand, no MAP discount), the beer didn't look particularly interesting, and it looks more like xmas than oktoberfest.