• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

A bit late - but the best tip would be to go on a week day when the schools are in.

However - take your time, don't get too stressed out by the crowds and hit the bigger rides at the end of the day. Be prepare to get wet on Loggers' Leap - they've upped the water totally!

Haha. They now have water on the slide as you go down (I understand it used to be dry on that run) and they have drilled more holes in the wooden waterfall structure that you go under.

They've also added more spin pads to Storm Surge - that was a fun surprise when I went last Thursday - got pretty wet on that ride, too!

nickhutson said:
Haha. They now have water on the slide as you go down (I understand it used to be dry on that run) and they have drilled more holes in the wooden waterfall structure that you go under.

They've also added more spin pads to Storm Surge - that was a fun surprise when I went last Thursday - got pretty wet on that ride, too!

That is good to hear. As much as I hate Storm Surge it was a great laugh for the first few months after it opened when those pads were working well, but towards the end of last season the boats hardly spun at all!

Are there any 3 for 2's or half price vouchers about? There's an odd number most likely going.

Thanks.

If you book with a train service, you most likely will get a 2 4 1 and there was an offer on the back of cereal for 2 4 1. You'll never get three for two.

Thorpe Park

Luke said:
Are there any 3 for 2's or half price vouchers about? There's an odd number most likely going.

Thanks.

Mathematically - 3 for 2 works out the same total price as 2 for 1 plus a full paying adult . :D

I enjoyed Swarm backwards. ....I didn't think I would as I thought it was just gimmicky. .....but I loved it!

Not a very good queue system though. Once we were in the station we had to walk past the normal queue then the ride ops weren't telling people there were two sets of seats and seats were going empty and people from the normal queue were joining the backwards queue and weren't questioned.

Also I may be shot for this......but I enjoyed X!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

badlydrawnkelBel said:
I enjoyed Swarm backwards. ....I didn't think I would as I thought it was just gimmicky. .....but I loved it!

Not a very good queue system though. Once we were in the station we had to walk past the normal queue then the ride ops weren't telling people there were two sets of seats and seats were going empty and people from the normal queue were joining the backwards queue and weren't questioned.

Also I may be shot for this......but I enjoyed X!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of us enjoy X now, it is much better then the original. I find it smooth and pleasurable, and I love the lighting, which is why I frequently re-ride it. It's one of my favourites now. Just as a ride, not a coaster.

Thorpe Park

Saw The Ride has valleyed and has very slowly been moved throughout the day
qeme8ame.jpg

Set up a pulley system to move the car

taqujeta.jpg

So two rides at Cedar Point, one at Canada's Wonderland and now Saw have valleyed in the last couple of days. How strange. I can't imagine how Saw stalled, I know it did on its first test run but it carries so much speed!

:)

Went on X couple of days ago and have to say that it has improved 100%. They have removed that stupid confusing theme and given it a new lease of life! It is like being at a disco and is great fun after a few pints :p

I have some images on my Flickr.com/themeparkmania

I went on Sore last Tuesday and it seemed to be going pretty quick. Even if it was trying to give me serious brain injury. But going round the breaks did nothing when we went through them so maybe it was not going as fast as I thought.