• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Thorpe Park

Harness wouldn't release. Every man and his dog had a go at pushing it down. Managers came along to have a go, engineers, maintenance......... Whoops.

Re: Thorpe Park

badlydrawnkelBel said:
I enjoyed Swarm backwards. ....I didn't think I would as I thought it was just gimmicky. .....but I loved it!

Not a very good queue system though. Once we were in the station we had to walk past the normal queue then the ride ops weren't telling people there were two sets of seats and seats were going empty and people from the normal queue were joining the backwards queue and weren't questioned.

Also I may be shot for this......but I enjoyed X!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ste and I went for my birthday. I loved the Swarm both forwards and backwards, but found backwards on the very back row both terrifying and amazing! I loved it! x

Oh? I'd get excited, but something tells me whatever replaces them will be even worse...

The website has had all instances removed, with immediate effect. About time really, they were truly awful.

Interesting... Seems quite odd to start altering marketing and brand identity at this time of the season if you ask me...

I was pretty certain it was going to change during the closed season, so it's glad they're going.

Good riddance!

The website got updated a few weeks/months ago with all the wobble heads removed and a general tidy around the site, at the time I did find it strange it was after the park had already opened. I wouldn't think they would update things around the park, eg maps, posters, etc until next season otherwise that would be a waste of money!

djtruefitt said:
The website got updated a few weeks/months ago with all the wobble heads removed and a general tidy around the site, at the time I did find it strange it was after the park had already opened. I wouldn't think they would update things around the park, eg maps, posters, etc until next season otherwise that would be a waste of money!

"as budget permits"

Lots of changes to come.

If they really are going to that amount of effort and expense to change the brand image, they must have decided it really is detrimental to the park. I really am quite excited to see the park smarten up a bit. Thorpe's gone through it's teenage years, now it's time for it to grow up. I just hope what replaces it is better.

I hope between now and the start of next season they overhaul the entire brand.

A brand new logo and completely redesigned website would be a great start! Even if they just ditched the capitalised "THORPE PARK" I would be happy.

The existing brand image is an utter joke.

They are trying to go for a more 'premium' look if I'm right?

I think they've finally worked out that the current brand image has really narrowed down their market. They need to span out a bit more to pull in a vast range of different guests.

James said:

I think they've finally worked out that the current brand image has really narrowed down their market. They need to span out a bit more to pull in a vast range of different guests.
Correct. Premium is the look TP will be taking in the not too distant future.

T said:
James said:

Correct. Premium is the look TP will be taking in the not too distant future.

Can you elaborate on this?

Thorpe Park are changing their positioning of the park and Marketing strategy for the rest of the season. The focus has somewhat shifted from the 'Teenage/Young Adult' market, and will be focusing on re-recruiting families and positioning as a more premium and aspirational brand.

As I previously stated, the website has since had all traces of 'Fatheads' removed, seemingly rather quickly. This, in tune with the above, reflects TP's altered Marketing strategy in the coming weeks.