• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Agreed, Cheese. It's the only Thorpe maze I've done, admittedly, but I found it rather boring. The actors seemed to only be expecting screamy teenage girls, and didn't know what to do when confronted by people who are more acustomed to scare attractions.

I have been part of the TN live feed from Fright Nights for the last 3 years. Each year we have broadcast from the fright nights. Just for comparison purposes I went through our last 3 years of Fright Night feed. Surmising - Last year seemed the most lacklustre of them and they have seemed to gradually dwindle during those 3 years. 2 mazes were cut and experiment 10 was installed year before last and last year it seemed that there were far less to do. Our initial views on completing each maze were that their mazes were "too short and not at all scary". The Asylum was my favourite, but it was the same kind of strobe maze as the end of TOTT (but not done as well). The rest went from "confusingly pointless" to "was that it".

As I posted in the scarefest topic, Thorpe announced in March that they were going to totally re-imagine Fright Nights this year so it will be interesting to see what they manage to do.

A totally reimagined Fright Nights eh? Are we talking full blown new mazes, new themes?

Oh I'm intrigued..

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

So Thorpe are possibly getting a brand new event and Towers are making their event worse? Fantastic...

Regarding fright nights. I never do the mazes. They would bore me, I instead soak up ride time like a sponge and enjoy riding in the dark and the atmosphere around the park, especially near saw. But they could improve the swarms area by using some immersive lighting. Not the speedy hire lights they used last year. But I do love TP's atmosphere with all the screaming. But I am a teenager so there you go.
Grumpy farts like diogo will dislike it. I like it :p

Fright Nights is believed to be on a similar scale to an American Halloween event this year with, from what I've heard two new mazes and a lot more park wide actors after dark.

alee298 said:
Regarding fright nights. I never do the mazes. They would bore me, I instead soak up ride time like a sponge and enjoy riding in the dark and the atmosphere around the park, especially near saw. But they could improve the swarms area by using some immersive lighting. Not the speedy hire lights they used last year. But I do love TP's atmosphere with all the screaming. But I am a teenager so there you go.
Grumpy farts like diogo will dislike it. I like it :p

Diogo only dislikes Towers on principle, he sometimes enjoys Thorpe :D

If Thorpe parks plans are as good as they sound the will almost certainly be the scare event to visit. My only worry is they bigged-up The Passing as "the next level of scare attraction" and it was crap. Sowe will just have to wait and see if its a load of hot air or the event they promise.

My money is on Thorpe this year though, as much as the creative team will try at Towers they won't get a decent budget.

The park have started the recruitment for scare actors and there are a few more hints at big changes there, the part which sticks out:

From subjecting guests to total torture in SAW Alive to giving bone chilling frights in our all new terrifying mazes for 2013 – you’ll be making this Halloween one nightmare that our guests won’t want to wake up from.

Could suggest Saw Alive is the only maze returning this year and all the others replaced / re-themed?

I'm expecting Passing to remain.

After all, it only arrived last year, and with a few tweaks made, would be a great maze. Plus, the sign is still on the X building, which fills me with hope.

Personally, I'd like to see Asylum totally revamped, maybe it could have an outside section somewhere where the MHFS spot is, and Curse replaced. Tweak Passing and E10, and ensure Saw Alive is on top form. Add in plenty of roaming actors and you've got yourself a great event.

For anyone visiting over August the park will open till 9pm with a selection of rides, no idea which ones yet but this is from the Opening Times page:

Beat the traffic and chill with a drink in the sunshine on the beach, plus enjoy selected rides until 9pm in the UK’s most epic beer garden*.
*excludes Summer Nights on 2nd & 3rd August, and Ministry of Sound club night on 17th August.

JoshC. said:
I'm expecting Passing to remain.

After all, it only arrived last year, and with a few tweaks made, would be a great maze. Plus, the sign is still on the X building, which fills me with hope.

I'm pretty confident that the Passing would be the first maze the park would cut. It was very obviously a last minute cheap maze, made entirely to make some profit for the following years revamped event, (Not that I didn't love the maze, I thought it was awesome). The theme was very 'Black' so I think they knew that it would be re-themed very soon.

The only maze I'd really mourn the loss of would be Experiment 10, simply because it's the only maze which I feel has the possibility to be developed further.

Another good move from Thorpe with the 9pm close throughout August. They haven't said which rides will stay open but it is still positive. I'm sure it will get people to stay a little longer and spend some money on an evening meal which is a positive and it's the right way to go about things. I'm impressed. Towers, take note.

:)

I usually avoid parks during school holidays, but open till 2100? That's tempting. :D

>Gets excited
>Vortex and Depth Charge
>Hype Train derails

;)

Better than just sitting in the Dome all evening though I'm sure... Maybe Fish would be an idea in the future to really boost it? Leading up to Swarm?