• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

I second what Ashlee's said. It'd be nice if they perhaps made the beach area the centre of the late openings, and maybe looked at opening a mix of rides around that area, and perhaps one or two coasters. Maybe something like:

- Beach
- Depth Charge
- Flying Fish
- Rush/Vortex/Zodiac/Quantum (Maybe alternate between one or two of these each night)
- Colossus/Swarm/X (Alternate between these two)

Could also throw Storm Surge or Tidal Wave in too weather permitting.

It'd give them a good mix of rides for the whole family without having to open the whole of the park up. Maybe in the summer have beach party nights or something. Bit of music, some colourful lighting ala Splash Landings, a few rides open, open Glasshouse Bar and Restaurant out onto their patios.

I'd happily go along to something like that :)

It's fantastic to see a UK Merlin park really pushing the boat out and making an effort. Take note Alton.

Ian said:
It's fantastic to see a UK Merlin park really pushing the boat out and making an effort. Take note Alton.

If Thorpe keep this up, they'll take over Alton as my favourite park. After how good they were yesterday, I'm seriously impressed.

I was at Thorpe on Friday and did the Summer Nights too! Wish I'd known other forum members were there, it'd be great to meet more people :D

I was really impressed too. Due to a delay setting off and then traffic on the motorway (we live 5 hours away), we didn't get there until 3.30pm which I was really stressed out about! But we still managed a ride count of 20!

We did a few flat rides plus Stealth and Inferno (both with queue times of 10 minutes!) before 6pm, then had food and a few (too many) drinks, then went back on park for night riding. It was fantastic. So quiet! I've never done night riding before and I loved it. The staff on Inferno allowed us to stay on and re-ride, and I found Saw really scary in the dark. Like somebody else said, Swarm was much improved in the dark too.

Overall, we had a great time :D

Yes - it was a truly amazing experience; easily the best time I've ever had at Thorpe Park. It really felt like my group and I were the only people there... strolling up to Nemesis Inferno (in an empty queue) and then being the ONLY ones on the ride.

It really was a privilege - and for £5, it was a real treat. Would happily have paid the original asking price.

It solidified my belief that evenings in the park are a truly magical experience and offer a whole new experience - and I really hope Thorpe pick up on this and employ longer opening hours.

nickhutson said:
Yes - it was a truly amazing experience; easily the best time I've ever had at Thorpe Park. It really felt like my group and I were the only people there... strolling up to Nemesis Inferno (in an empty queue) and then being the ONLY ones on the ride.

It really was a privilege - and for £5, it was a real treat. Would happily have paid the original asking price.

It solidified my belief that evenings in the park are a truly magical experience and offer a whole new experience - and I really hope Thorpe pick up on this and employ longer opening hours.

Sounds like a fantastic evening for you! I can't help but think the park are running at an operating loss based on how few guests were around... I can't see it lasting long unless they pull in more guests.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Definitely tempted to go to one of the next batch of dates, if they happen.
Sounds like a great event, although as Sazzle mentioned, if they are running at a loss how can they continue.
Is this a case of guest experience being put ahead of profit making? Surely not!

It's all about trying to increase visitor numbers ahead of Merlin floating on the Stock Market. Gotta show growth in all aspects and Thorpe hasn't had an addition this year, therefore it needs help to have an increase.

For example, Chessington, Towers and Legobland have all got new attractions to pull the crowds in but Thorpe doesn't.

Awesome! I shall aim to attend one of those Summer Nights at the end of this month :D

Darn can't go on the next dates :(
Wouldn't mind going again, was great last time :)

Unless someone is up for a Friday out of one of the two dates?

I'd be into doing the 31st - the last Summer Nights was so good, I won't pass up the chance to do another!

I'm going on 31st with some of my coaster lot as well, maybe we should organise a mini-meet?

Does anyone know what rides are likely to be open for summer nights, please?

Should we just meet up when we get there or is it worth making a meet thread? I don't think I'm an established enough member to make a thread, that's all :p

Laura said:
Should we just meet up when we get there or is it worth making a meet thread? I don't think I'm an established enough member to make a thread, that's all :p

Anyone can make a meet thread, regardless of how established they are :)