• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

I think it's more of a reflection on the dire throughput of the ride than anything else.

It doesn't matter how much people say SS is 'fun' to ride, in my eyes the thing is just criminal. Easily the worst insallation at any theme park in this country in years.

AstroDan said:
Current:

Swarm 75
Rush 60
Colossus 70
Saw 90
Loggers 50
Inferno 70
Det 30
Stealth 60
Depth Charge 40
Fish 20
Storm Surge 99+
Vortex 40

I wonder what those numbers would be if there were no fast track available? Roughly half I'd guess, when it is that busy it is about 50/50 spilt. Disgusting.

The park closes in 40 minutes. Swarm has an advertised queue time of...

You guessed it!

99 minutes!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thorpe Park

AstroDan said:

You guessed it!

99 minutes!

I leave the longest coaster queue to last and join just before the end of the day, then they cant kick you out and your not really loosing any time.

AstroDan said:

You guessed it!

99 minutes!

This may be a silly question, but did Saw Alive reopen for the Summer?

Thorpe Park

As far as I know it was closed early on the season and was originally to open on 'peak days'. This was then revised for it to only open during Fright Nights.

Adam James said:
AstroDan said:

You guessed it!

99 minutes!

This may be a silly question, but did Saw Alive reopen for the Summer?

SAW Alive won't be open until Fright Nights now.

Queues were awful today, like Dan said! And the two most comical things today were people queuing to buy Fastrack and the 99 mins queue for Storm Surge lol :p

Agreed, I was there today too...

We queued Swarm when it had a 75 minute queue at the entrance, but it actually took (no word of a lie here) a total of 110 minutes instead, partly due to the fact that there were so many people buying Fastrack for Swarm and the queue was moving at an incredibly slow pace. NEVER again will I be willing to queue that long for a ride at Thorpe Park.

The funny thing is, whilst we were in Swarm's shop, I overheard a staff member say to someone at the till that it was dead last weekend bank holiday and Swarm had a very small queue of just 15 minutes all day! They also said it's the last week of the summer holidays, so everyone was heading to a theme park today, partly due to the nice weather. But Thorpe wasn't the only one that suffered...

Chessington was also packed today too. One of my friends said they queued 2 hours for Vampire at 11AM... ???

If it's this busy on a Friday, I dread to think what it'll be like tomorrow or Sunday!

(Also, they were playing chart music around the Entrance, Dome, Quantum, Vortex, Zodiac, Rush, Beach and even the Flying Fish today in case anyone was wondering).

I'm not surprised about Swarm being far more than advertised when it said 75. I've waited that long in the past when it's looked much shorter than it was today.

To add to the list of complaints from today, Rush went down to 1 swing mid afternoon. The full queue was open and advertised as 45 min, but I'd guess it must have been at least 90 - naturally I didn't feel like finding out ???.

The tea cups had a turntable broken but the cups were left open, resulting in some unfortunate riders going round the very middle of the ride.

I overheard a staff member say to someone at the till that it was dead last weekend bank holiday and Swarm had a very small queue of just 15 minutes all day!

I was there on the Sunday of the Bank Holiday and I can tell you that the staff member lies. It was very similar conditions to today by the sounds of it. Enormous, slow queues everywhere including the Fast Track shop and far too many Fast Tracks being sold.

Spark said:
Hopefully won't be that bad come the 10th

The 10th is a school day.

THORPE PARK are FINE on quiet days. But as soon as they actually get guests, it falls apart and has been like this for years.

I guess, because my three visits earlier in the season were on fairly quiet days, I kidded myself that the park had moved on...

My Trip Report for yesterday is in the Trip Plans/Reports forum.

:)

DiogoJ42 said:
This is why I only go on quiet school days ;)

As much as you are being sarcastic, obviously if you can go on a quiet "school day" - then great. Not everyone can do this.

Equally, Thorpe Park isn't always packed to the rafters, even on weekends and some holiday periods. Indeed, earlier in the season,I visited the park 3 times on weekends and it was actually fairly quiet.

The theme park simply cannot cope with anything more than quiet.

It's just frustrating, particularly when I drove 2 1/2 hours there and 2 1/2 hours back yesterday...

Thorpe Park have now confirmed that "Blows* it Up" will not return for 2012.

This means that again, the park have introduced a fireworks event only for it to last one season and then not return.

Thorpe Blast in 2008 and Blows* it Up in 2011. I doubt we'll see the return of a fireworks show at Thorpe Park now, because it obviously isn't popular enough.

On the plus side, Fright Nights runs until Sunday, 4th November.

No sarcasm intended old bean. I agree with you; Thorpe on anything other than a quiet day is hell.