• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

Swarm today opened with one train... Urgh... I hate this idea so much... Let alone that we were stood still for 10 minutes watching them let Fastrack straight in... When did batching turn into "Let all the Fastrack in and not let any normal queue through"?

Aside from that, decent day, did all the flats for once... Bit different, bit better, cos Saw gave me a headache and couldn't be arsed with Colossus or NWO... When they have rides on two trains it makes everything so much nicer, why they can't seem to start the day on them... No idea... Stealth was dead all day but that didn't effect the others too much...

Samurai looks so depressing :(

I find it strange they opened with one train today, on Monday Swarm opened with two trains (we got there pretty much after the gates opened), Surely it must take more time and effort to add a train later in the day than to just have them both on when the ride opens.

Swarm was on two train operation yesterday - though I arrived in the afternoon for Thorpe so am unsure as to whether it first opened on one train op. I don't really understand why Thorpe do this, considering earlier on this season (March/April) they opened all major rides with two train operation. ::)

Benzin said:
Swarm today opened with one train... Urgh... I hate this idea so much... Let alone that we were stood still for 10 minutes watching them let Fastrack straight in... When did batching turn into "Let all the Fastrack in and not let any normal queue through"?

Aside from that, decent day, did all the flats for once... Bit different, bit better, cos Saw gave me a headache and couldn't be arsed with Colossus or NWO... When they have rides on two trains it makes everything so much nicer, why they can't seem to start the day on them... No idea... Stealth was dead all day but that didn't effect the others too much...

is Colossus open again then? Its been shown as closed on the website for a few days now!

Matty said:
Benzin said:

is Colossus open again then? Its been shown as closed on the website for a few days now!

It re-opened yesterday :) Possibly Thorpe forgot to update their scrolling banner on the website.

If anyone is there on Sunday, a quick report of rides that were down would be welcome...

As I'm debating if to travel down there on Monday, as there facebook is moan after moan like the years gone by with too much downtime or closed rides...

Rather not travel 150 miles to find loads of closed rides, when I could pop to Alton Towers on my own and I have a good few hours...

You'll be looking at 3-4 rides closed I assume.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Do I dare say that this may be one of the biggest things that Theme Parks must fear about at the moment? The power of social networking is immense, it only takes a few people to start moaning before the tidal wave of abuse appears.

I think I may leave another trip to The Nation's Thrill Capital, instead I'll just give Legoland a go, and if it is bad then I'll drop by for The Swarm. Just wondered if we've heard anything about a ride for next year?

I haven't yet, they do need one due to all of the ride closures!

Dean said:
If anyone is there on Sunday, a quick report of rides that were down would be welcome...

As I'm debating if to travel down there on Monday, as there facebook is moan after moan like the years gone by with too much downtime or closed rides...

Rather not travel 150 miles to find loads of closed rides, when I could pop to Alton Towers on my own and I have a good few hours...

Slammer, Samurai and Stealth all down today unfortunately :(

This has appeared on the Thorpe website now, so slammer and samurai will be closed for fright nights!

Sorry if I've missed something in the above post, but what has appeared? :-/?

The park will be even worse than usual during Fright Nights then, they should shave 2,000 off capacity to compensate.

Matty said:
This has appeared on the Thorpe website now, so slammer and samurai will be closed for fright nights!

What makes you think Slammer will be closed? Sounds like its very close to re-opening.

simps100 said:
Matty said:

What makes you think Slammer will be closed? Sounds like its very close to re-opening.

I have heard that it is broke and no chance of it being repaired this season! I don't know this for fact just what i have heard! I reckon it wont be long before this ride is shut for good!

Some more rubish PR release from Thorpe only Gullible people would fall for.
*from news.com.au

VOMIT on a rollercoaster is no fun for anyone.

Even with a good hose down, carrot -filled globules can still stick in the crevices.

At Thorpe Park in Surry, UK, staff have seen a 250 per cent increase in the number of people puking up their lunch on rides. Now, with the help of science, they are fighting back.

It's called The Swarm and it's said to cure hangovers.

The Swarm sends riders shooting through the air head-first down a drop of 39 metres. But there's no vomit. None.

According to research carried out by neuropsychologist Dr David Lewis, the blast of oxygen on the high-speed ride improves drunk riders' metabolic rate, which boosts speeds at which toxins are broken down.

Now, next to the height bar, Thorpe Park plans to introduce a breathalyser. Over the limit? You'll be sent to The Swarm. No other rides until you pass the breath test.

Thorpe Park blames this week's vomit-fest on the number of new university students partying at the park during O-week.

“Thorpe Park does not condone drinking and riding, however, during this Fresher’s Week period, we realise that a number of our guests do not recognise that they are suffering from the effects of the night before," Mike Vallis, divisional director of Thorpe Park, said.

“We felt it was our duty to ensure that all of our guests enjoy the extreme nature of our rides and by putting them on The Swarm, which is proven to be the ultimate hangover cure.

“We are confident our guests will have a great, and hopefully vomit-free, day.”

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/ride ... z27geaDGzP