• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

If anyone at Thorpe Park has ever wondered, 'what do you have to do around here to get a promotion' I guess that's answered the question.

Been there for many years I believe. Might be working for the wider Merlin group now, but the point still stands.

Moved up this year to wider Merlin stuff if I recall correctly.

It's like me saying the staff on Vampire in 2008 were the best cos I worked on it.

It's almost as if they are actively looking to ruin their own theme park...

Who on earth thought this would be a great idea? Then again, that could be said for pretty much everything they've done since 2012, so who am I to judge!

Who on earth thought this would be a great idea?

A graffiti mural could have been great. But what they've done doesn't fit with the park branding well, or any of the ride branding or the Amity, Ghost Train or Walking Dead theming.
Something more in keeping with the Amity Beach and Nemesis Jungle themes would have worked. Or just more generic summer beach VIBES.
Whereas they put random ride names in random fonts and some weird clipart type icons.

Last edited:
Can't believe they've actually put one of these bad boys on there...

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Straight from the high school maths workbook:cool:

Art is indeed subjective. Some will love this as a piece and I'm sure the artist behind it is very talented (although not at spelling by the looks of it).

The problem with it is thus - Rembrandt was a lauded artist but I don't think anyone wants The Return of the Prodigal Son hung from one of the plane wings outside The Swarm.

Stupid, stupid decision.

Has anyone figured out extract what text is shown above the faces in black mirror labyrinth when it turns evil? It appears to be *something" systems, but even after 11 goes I couldn't confidently figure out what it says

It's like they deliberately do typos now across the entire business.

To be fair most of the clientele won't notice these mistakes. This is the world we live in now. Young people can't spell because they don't read anymore.

To be fair most of the clientele won't notice these mistakes. This is the world we live in now. Young people can't spell because they don't read anymore.

If you really think it's only young people who can't spell you should meet some engineers who've been in industry for decades.

Seen some atrocious variations on some fairly "simple" words.

Then again I went to a grammar school.

Let's not assume this was anything but a simple mistake. One would assume when they have chance they'll fix it because it does look incredibly stupid that no one seemingly noticed until it was finished.

Then again I went to a grammar school.
I wanted this to be a joke considering the topic, but presumably you are being serious.

Typos in internal documents is one think but a sign goes through a process where many people could/should spot something.

A number of people have to agree the copy, someone needs to design the copy onto a sign, someone needs to make said sign and someone needs to put it up.

The grammar school line was fairly tongue in cheek line. Especially considering recent developments from our Etonian overlords to push Latin on state schools.

To make a generalisation that this happened because "young people can't spell" irks me.

A number of people have to agree the copy, someone needs to design the copy onto a sign, someone needs to make said sign and someone needs to put it up.
I do wonder if it's a "not my job" culture. The person making the sign and the person putting it up don't bother checking for errors (or if there are any, don't question it) because that's not in their remit.

Personally if I was the person instructed to make the sign, or put it on the wall, I'd at least say "are you sure?". I call it having a level of pride in your work.

Typos in internal documents is one think but a sign goes through a process where many people could/should spot something.

Don't forget in this case the graffiti wall isn't a regular sign, it was an artist left to work creating art. An outline sketch may have been provided where it wasn't clear if the word was misspelt.

On the more general topic of signage in the park I completely agree.