• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

If there was one thing I could do to Thorpe, I would remove Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Even The Terminal at Thorpe Park Fright Nights was better.🤣🤣🤣 I don't understand why anyone likes this (although I do think that the way the train changes is very interesting).

But is this a retrack. ???

Most likely, the final few inversions that used to be over the water probably have had a lot of stress over the years, especially with the land movement that has happened and the reason the lake was filled in a few years ago, can’t see them being refurbished and used again.

Could well see new trains though, although I didn't actually like the SIK trains that much after experiencing them.

I'm yet to experience the newer trains, but they can't be any worse than the what Colossus currently has? I also fail to see the negative in this, although very vague announcement. Fair bloody play it's definitely in need of some TLC!

I'm yet to experience the newer trains, but they can't be any worse than the what Colossus currently has? I also fail to see the negative in this, although very vague announcement. Fair bloody play it's definitely in need of some TLC!
The lap bars leave you a bit too free, so you get thrown around a fair bit more. Can be uncomfortable on the corkscrews and barrel rolls.

Fingers crossed for new trains I can actually fit in!!!
Absolutely my thought I didn't fit on colossus and did the walk of shame earlier this year but my friend came off saying I dodged a massive bullet because it was awful.

When I was waiting at exit for 10 minutes because the train in front was predictably having issues because of guests struggling to fit and multiple rechecks.

There was another woman came off the same train who looked in a bad state I asked her what's wrong and she said the ride had given her a bad migraine, I saw her again later on and said her head still hadn't recovered.

So I'm very much hoping we'll see new trains and a smoother experience that I can actually do myself.

Thank you Sik for existing and making Colossus stay for a little while longer!!

Can't wait to experience colossus with a smoother experience. It's always been a favourite of mine!

This is exciting. Colossus is a coaster I really want to like but actually really hate in it’s current form. Felt like I’d gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson last time I rode. To see that it’s getting some work done on it is a real positive.

Without getting carried away, new trains are surely on the cards too? With lap bars or at least less bulky otsr’s? It would help hugely with the throughput, and might make the ride more flexible in terms of allowing taller/bigger people to ride. The way the current trains operate surely isn’t sustainable.

They kept this quiet. What a time to be a coaster enthusiast.

Lets hope nonone from maintenance accidentally sends a train round to switch shunt the train locations in shed…. #RCT crash