• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Has anyone queued for ghost train then changed their mind at the entrance? Is it easy to leave at that point? My daughter doesn’t want to do the ride until I’ve done it first to test how scary it is, but I’m not happy for her to be wandering Thorpe unattended whilst I’m queuing. Is it possible for her to queue with me, then leave to go to last call cafe whilst I actually do it? Don’t want to cause a massive kerfuffle, trying to balance goodish parenting with doing a ride. She is 12 and sensible enough, but I don’t think leaving her for an hour or more will be sensible. Boredom = mischief. Any thoughts?

Just seen a rather interesting post on LinkedIn of Thorpe Park going down the BTP route.

1687339206005.png

That is a great idea and something that is (unfortunately) definitely needed for Thorpe. They definitely seem to be taking on board feedback a lot more these days which is good!
Has anyone queued for ghost train then changed their mind at the entrance? Is it easy to leave at that point? My daughter doesn’t want to do the ride until I’ve done it first to test how scary it is, but I’m not happy for her to be wandering Thorpe unattended whilst I’m queuing. Is it possible for her to queue with me, then leave to go to last call cafe whilst I actually do it? Don’t want to cause a massive kerfuffle, trying to balance goodish parenting with doing a ride. She is 12 and sensible enough, but I don’t think leaving her for an hour or more will be sensible. Boredom = mischief. Any thoughts?
I've seen people leave at that point when it was DGBT due to not being tall enough, and the queue setup hasn't changed so you should be fine. If you ask the host they can probably let her out the RAP queue/similar

I'm pretty sure Thorpe had an antisocial behaviour hotline way back in 2009 (or thereabouts), so it's not an entirely new idea for the park. The original might have just been a regular phone though

It's a system that overall seems to have worked for BTP and people have reported many incidents they're experienced at Thorpe so I think it's a good thing for them to at least attempt to combat this problem. I just hope it's built into the app, nice easy button to push, send a quick form and then the security investigate via CCTV/in person. They could perhaps even add markers with numbers in queue's so that you can report your approximate place in a busy queue.

It's a system that overall seems to have worked for BTP and people have reported many incidents they're experienced at Thorpe so I think it's a good thing for them to at least attempt to combat this problem. I just hope it's built into the app, nice easy button to push, send a quick form and then the security investigate via CCTV/in person. They could perhaps even add markers with numbers in queue's so that you can report your approximate place in a busy queue.

That's already part of the system I believe! Looks like each sign throughout the queue has its own number

Yep both of those points are in the system already! You either scan the QR code on the signs or access it through the app, and the aforementioned signs state the area code.

My only worry is someone could file a fake report from outside the park, as the form can be accessed anywhere...

Yep both of those points are in the system already! You either scan the QR code on the signs or access it through the app, and the aforementioned signs state the area code.

My only worry is someone could file a fake report from outside the park, as the form can be accessed anywhere...
Yea the problem is if there's a system that can be accessed and messed with by random people sat at home on the internet, that system is gonna be abused and ruined for everyone.

I was at Thorpe yesterday and saw the reporting signs dotted about the place. Although it was mad busy, the atmosphere was very relaxed, and I had no need to use it - whereas on previous trips queue jumping in swarm and stealth were horrendous, this time there was none whilst we were there. I wonder if the fact it’s now easier to report will act as a deterrent?

Also, @Chimpy joined me in the queue for ghost train, and although she could have bailed just before I went on, she decided to come on it with me. This did not end well, although I thought it was ok, interesting more than scary as I’d not done DBGT, it was definitely NSFC - not suitable for chimps.

I am going next sunday (02/07) for teh first time, and was wondering, any obvious pratfalls to avoid? I.E. rides to avoid early mornign or late afternoon? I know ghost train is a 12 O'clock opening and am planning on going to stealth first, but that is about it.

I am going next sunday (02/07) for teh first time, and was wondering, any obvious pratfalls to avoid? I.E. rides to avoid early mornign or late afternoon? I know ghost train is a 12 O'clock opening and am planning on going to stealth first, but that is about it.
I’d recommend keeping an eye on the app and plan your day on what’s open and what’s got shortest queues. We were there yesterday and none of the big rides opened on time which is a bit annoying - Saw is never open bang on 10 in our experience. It’s not a massive park so some criss-crossing won’t take up too much time. After the main entry point you have a few choices which way to head before the park is actually open. Avoid the left hand gates (by Vortex or by Rush) after the dome if you get there before 10 as it’s likely you’ll be trampled by the teenagers as they sprint towards Saw. To be disappointed as it’s not open until 1030 😂
We haven’t tried the gates on the right hand side yet so I’m not sure if there’s a similar charge towards Swarm/Stealth.
If you can stay til closing it tends to start getting quieter around 4ish - Swarm was walk on from 6ish yesterday and we got 7 rides on the bounce 😃

For the other coasters it doesn't matter too much but best advice is leave Swarm until later - because of its location it gets swamped when the park opens and as Alix mentioned it's much quieter towards the end of the day.

Stealth first is a good choice especially as Inferno probably won't be open. Colossus/Saw normally have the longest queues but are barely ever both open on time so I'd agree that keeping an eye on the app for whenever their waits drop is the best plan for those 2.