• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They already mostly did. Colossus' and Nemesis Infernos original soundtracks both returned this year, replacing all of IMAScores work.
That’s not entirely true, as far as I can tell. The originals have returned, but the IMAScore tracks haven’t vanished either; they seem to rotate between the original track and the IMAScore track on both Colossus and Nemesis Inferno.

The entrance IMAScore tracks are also still played, to the best of my knowledge.

I’m also not sure that the logo change would necessarily see the IMAScore tracks abolished. The new logo could fit the “island” type feel that the IMAScore entrance tracks were aiming for.

Previous two seasons and until June Nemesis Inferno played it's original before reverting back to the Jungle Imascore this June, whereas Colossus last season went back to its original.

Nevertheless, Thorpe Socials confirmed that the Island theme will be going with the new logo and rebrand, with all new music coming. They equally confirmed WWTP will however stay untouched.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-17-23-01-00-56_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-17-23-01-00-56_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2023-10-16-21-09-36-05_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-16-21-09-36-05_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 69
Music at Thorpe has always been a bit random. I guess it’s because of the music system they have across the park and the amount of different areas and zones. It seems quite easy to just play wrong music in areas.

When I went the other week colossus was playing its old music around the area, but had the IMAscore in its queue line.

Inferno earlier this season kept playing announcements about the ride, but these weren’t being playing when I did Oktoberfest. Then the entrance plaza was just playing pop music like it was 2012 all over again.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the music, it just needs sorting out so the right music plays in the right places. And not too loud. Since they changed all the speakers to some crap brand, some of the audio sounds awful.

I must admit, I am a little sad to hear that Thorpe Park’s “island theme” is going. I do quite like it, and I like that the park had a little motif in a lot of its theme songs similar to how Alton Towers uses In the Hall of the Mountain King.

With that being said, it’s fair to say that Thorpe Park has had a somewhat fraught 10 years or so, and the currently somewhat inconsistent branding is arguably emblematic of that. I think that the construction of a properly eye-catching headline coaster like Hyperia presents the perfect opportunity for Thorpe Park to properly reinvent itself in branding terms and carve out a consistent brand and vision for the future, and I’m glad that the park is seemingly seizing this opportunity.

Apart from The Swarm, we've had about 15 years of under investment and poor management. Utter rubbish like I'm a Celebrity, Ghost Train, Black Mirror, Bouncezilla, Angry Birds land. Overselling of fast track and poor operations. Loggers Leap and Slammer left to rot away because they couldnt be arsed to remove them. Hour long cattlepen queues just to get into the park, manned by failed Wetherspoon bouncers.

And worst of all, the existence of Storm Surge.

Good riddance to the infinity logo :tearsofjoy:

I'm really optimistic about the future of the park. They're making a lot of positive steps and a new logo suggests the park see next season as the start of a fresh new era.

Wonder if it'll mean binning all those themes they paid Imascore for a few years ago (glad I've got the CD).

Watching E4 whilst having my lunch and seeing the seasonal Thorpe Park adverts won't be the same again.
Well Thorpe have confirmed that the music at port and base camp will be gone in this rebrand, meaning they will probably step away from the recognisable tune you can here in most of the soundtracks around the park.

(Pretty sure that screenshot is from the Thorpe Passholder Facebook Group)

Well Thorpe have confirmed that the music at port and base camp will be gone in this rebrand, meaning they will probably step away from the recognisable tune you can here in most of the soundtracks around the park.

(Pretty sure that screenshot is from the Thorpe Passholder Facebook Group)

I mean I remember the 2000s entrance music as iconic, so it's entirely dependent what music you grow up with.

Don't even know the Island soundtrack.

I do feel like the parks slogan “An island like no other” stuck out the most. The ideal of using the island as there USP (fake beach, and literally being on an island) I was more in favour for and made sense.

Hopefully they will replace the entrance with the rebranding as it’s currently a mess, the bridge looks very dated now and I presume the beach and slides will be removed in the future. Is the beach actually popular in the summer, I can’t imagine many getting in the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spending a whole load of money on new audio then sacking it off after a couple of years in a rebrand is classic Thorpe. They've been bouncing from one brand identity to the next for the past 15 years and I have very little confidence that yet another rebrand could do much to fix their deep-rooted problems

Yep, new logo kinda makes sense, but I don't see why they would get rid of the Island Like no Other tagline, that works fine and will continue to fit in.

“Let’s take the one idea that we’ve had in the past 20 years that was truly unique and near impossible for most other parks to replicate and just chuck it in the bin.”

Honestly, Thorpe Park never fails to baffle me. The island concept was a great idea and, from a marketing and brand identity standpoint always felt very strong and well rounded.

We’ll be seeing the return of the fat heads next!