• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Thorpe have sourced media from enthusiasts plenty of time. The music for Creek Freak was done by one, though they are a fairly talented musician anyway even if their music isn't my particular tastes.

The response of "some people were mean" just sounds akin to YouTubers who get negative comments for doing something daft or downright stupid. "Toxic Gossip Train" and all that, when just not responding to those comments is better from a company perspective.

I think Thorpe have been taking lessions from the Hollywood playbook.

Step 1: Change something fundamental to your fandom.
Step 2: Await negative reaponse.
Step 3: Turn on your loyal fans, call them ā€œhatersā€ for hurting your feels.

Itā€™s only a matter of time before we all get branded sexist Nazis.

"If someone comments expressing their dislike and why, that's cool- we acknowledge the feedback"

The replies on social media the last few days show they don't think "that's cool".

"However, some comments have been rude and hurtful"

People being rude on social media? I thought everyone was polite and kind on the internet! šŸ¤Æ

That's not an apology and they may as well say 'we are only listening to positive feedback'. Bizzare.
This is a particularly pertinent point, since 95% of the feedback Iā€™ve seen about the new logo has been negative.

You canā€™t put out a video saying ā€œweā€™re going to listen to our customers and staffā€ and then straight away react like that. It just makes a mockery of everything theyā€™ve just said.

I honestly think that it's absolutely fine in the context of posters and merchandising.

But again, I'll stress that Thorpe Park has not been a true theme park since the mid noughties, so a distinctive logo with a themed identity is not going to cut it for them. There is an absence of theming across the park's 'themed areas', only a handful of their rides are immersively themed, the flat rides all carry very loose themes/aesthetics. The few more immersive attractions don't exactly scream exotic or adventurous 'island' to me either, they are more like industrial or apocalyptic wastelands.

The font heavy style of the logo reminds me of Liseberg's logo, very minimalist and retro, and also fairly classy. I should imagine that you'll see more of a classier European style amusement park energy across the park going forward (that is what I'm hoping for anyway).

1701569113619.png

Here is all the branding, still not a fan of how bland the logo is, also donā€™t like it when generic branding is put across the park in areas, the signage looks better when it fits in with the surrounding area/ride.
When they introduced the island territoryā€™s with the island theme they did this a lot better, but they then ruined that recently with the infinity blue/orange branding slapped everywhere

Let's not pretend that the Liseberg logo is good either. This minimalist logos are designed to look good on phone apps, and merchdise but offer nothing else. If you didn't know what Thorpe park was the logo certainly won't hint at anything.
A local Liseberg fan is probably at home crying now. šŸ˜

It fits Liseberg's vibe as a classic amusement park with vintage aesthetics.

I don't see there being anything wrong with minimalist logos, particularly because the vast majority of European park logos are all very minimalist, so clearly they must work if they're so popular.

Thorpe Park's previous logo didn't exactly hint at what the park was either, it was bold and 3D sure, but it didn't exactly represent the park well at all, you'd think that Thorpe Park was a water park or family fun park from looking at it.

In regards to the branding, most of it is quite nice but I'm not a fan of some of the colours.