• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Call me a pessimist, but I'd like to compare the concept art with what we're actually getting:

428302892_412629164479267_5184025294606085403_n.jpg

427741663_1673001459775638_3310101956013241122_n.jpg

Source - Retheming: Big Easy Boulevard (Spring 2024), Airtime News

Notice how the concept art shows a brick-clad building, and the reality is just some fireworks painted over the old paint, with the rot and dirt still present.

I know we should really withold judgement until the product is finished, but this is completely different to what was previously shown. This is the same story, different day.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there big budget this year, is now going over and there making a few cut backs. Or could just simply be there running out of time? I noticed the cinema concept art has downgraded slightly from there original. Assuming this is due to Thorpe being more transparent with their new identity?

Either way there are several welcome upgrades happening all at once, there must be several contractors around the park carrying out various projects it’s very welcomed from us enthusiasts im sure. But on the other hand i do believe in doing a job once and doing it well, which that requires adequate budget and enough allocated time. Be interesting to see the final product but im sure it be nice and an upgrade either way.

Last edited:
Even the concept art didn't look like they were going to do much, but now they're not even going as far as that?

Mind you, I don't think there was a chance of that building ever being clad with real bricks. As soon as I saw the concept it looked like another vinyl job was planned to me. So not doing so could actually be a good thing.

Call me a pessimist, but I'd like to compare the concept art with what we're actually getting:

428302892_412629164479267_5184025294606085403_n.jpg

427741663_1673001459775638_3310101956013241122_n.jpg

Source - Retheming: Big Easy Boulevard (Spring 2024), Airtime News

Notice how the concept art shows a brick-clad building, and the reality is just some fireworks painted over the old paint, with the rot and dirt still present.

I know we should really withold judgement until the product is finished, but this is completely different to what was previously shown. This is the same story, different day.

Since that photo was taken more work has happened to that old photo booth to remove the canopy

thorpeparktour21stfeb2024-080.jpg

And some new theming is being installed for the dogems ride.

thorpeparktour21stfeb2024-093.jpg

The windows in the area are also being replaced. So there is alot of money being spent on refreshing this area.

thorpeparktour21stfeb2024-079.jpg

More photos: https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-p...hind-Closed-Doors-One-Month-Till-Opening-2024

Didn’t they say Samurai was going to be repainted in its original Chessington colours? Doesn’t look like that is happening based on those pictures.

Thorpe Park now have a new "VIP Experience" - visit them before the park opens. I can see it selling out, but £56 seems a bit steep.

"Go behind the scenes of Thorpe Park on Sunday 10th March in this exclusive winter preview event especially for passholders! Hosted by our very own Commercial Director, Russ Gaines, we will be giving you to opportunity to ask all of those burning questions we know you have. What’s more, you’ll be amongst the first to see our touch of ‘Sparkle’ across the park and some incredible views of the UKs tallest and fastest roller coaster, Hyperia, as we’ll exclusively take you right onto the construction site! Followed by a tasty lunch in VIBES previewing some of our brand-new dishes for 2024, it’s the perfect way to spend your afternoon!"

(go to https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/extras/vip-experiences/ and scroll down lots)