• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Re: Thorpe Park

I think they have finally realised "The Family Market" is not just families with young children.

Ian

Makes sense based on what was speculated on a month or so ago - that the fatheads would go from all advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

IanB said:
I think they have finally realised "The Family Market" is not just families with young children.

Ian

It's a pity some of the smaller UK parks don't realise this too. :p

Fatheads as the branding has gone - nothing new will feature them.

Fright Nights, I believe, is the next map to be released and that'll have none of that awful branding. Wonder if they'll do a full on new map, or just remove them as a temporary measure.

Adverts for Thorpe have constantly been on tv and the radio recently and with such great offers £20/£25 tickets I can really see them doing well, if only they had the same attitude with altons prices.

thefatone said:
Fatheads as the branding has gone - nothing new will feature them.

Fright Nights, I believe, is the next map to be released and that'll have none of that awful branding. Wonder if they'll do a full on new map, or just remove them as a temporary measure.

From what Thorpe have said an entire new map will be released at Fright Nights and i guess will be the map for next year too.

Fat heads have already started to disappear on park but i guess with the amount of signage will take time to fully disappear!

I went yesterday and I saw no massive difference in 'fathead presence'. I can only hope over the closed season they make their swift exit.

Still, selling keyrings and notepads with 'Ride Me' on them sets the tone fairly low anyway?

Thomas said:
I went yesterday and I saw no massive difference in 'fathead presence'. I can only hope over the closed season they make their swift exit.

Still, selling keyrings and notepads with 'Ride Me' on them sets the tone fairly low anyway?

This range of merch is shocking, but it isn't restricted to Thorpe. Saw pencil cases and some other bits in the Alton hotel shop last month. :/

I don't mind severed feet saw key rings, I own a Thorpe Park 'Don't wet yourself' poncho.. but RIDE ME emblazoned onto anything is never going to get a penny from me.

Towers do sell a bit of this kind of stuff in Towers Trading.

I don't think many fathead signs have been removed or altered yet, that will surely be a job for closed season, when they have created a new brand image! But all new signs, banners, etc no longer feature the fatheads.

Thy have some generic "ride me" merch to fill up gaps when branded merch runs out (usually at the end of the season).

So guys. Check this out. I'm not pulling your legs or ANYTHING!!

I spoke to one of the few colleagues I have who has no idea I'm an enthusiast, and I asked him what he'd done with his week off. His answer:

"Nothing really - though I took the family to Thorpe Park for two days and stayed in their Crash Pad thing for a night. It was alright!"

WELL. I. NEVER!!

His kids are 14 and 10, and his partner really enjoyed it there too! He agreed the rooms were small, but said that it was comfortable with a decent TV and enough room for them to move. His one gripe? The queues on park! He queued an hour for 'Nemesis' (grrr!!) with his daughter and wasn't very happy with the park operations generally.

The one thing he really sang praises of was Summer Nights - couldn't speak more highly of it!

I guess that's proof that families with older kids can, and will, visit and enjoy the 'Resort' :)

Does anyone know if you can book the Crashpad WITHOUT park tickets?

I'm going to throw something out here, I don't think Thorpe Park is fun.

Fun to me is a day out where you have loads of different experiences, so feeding lorikeets one moment and then riding a massive rollercoaster the next. Fun is the look of horror on people's faces as they see that the room is going upside down but they're not going upside down. Fun can be seen in seaside humour, dark rides and even Safari Skyway.

Thorpe Park to me is rushing from one thrill to the next, which works fine until you get THORPE PARK HEAD ACHE, where because all you've done all day is go upside down, or go as quick as you can as fast as you can in themed environments where fun doesn't naturally occur (Saw, The Swarm and so on) there's a sense of fun missing. Don't get me wrong I love Thorpe Park because it has the rebellious teenage spirit, if Chessington and Alton are the loving bussom of the Merlin chain then Thorpe Park is the 17 year old, but it just needs more... Fun?

A decent dark ride, an experience ride, something that doesn't try to rip my head off would give some balance. I'd love to see some fun brought back to Thorpe Park.

Thanks Smidgey.

Not much of a reduction in price, annoyingly. £295 to £240.

Sazzle said:
So guys. Check this out. I'm not pulling your legs or ANYTHING!!

I spoke to one of the few colleagues I have who has no idea I'm an enthusiast, and I asked him what he'd done with his week off. His answer:

"Nothing really - though I took the family to Thorpe Park for two days and stayed in their Crash Pad thing for a night. It was alright!"

WELL. I. NEVER!!

His kids are 14 and 10, and his partner really enjoyed it there too! He agreed the rooms were small, but said that it was comfortable with a decent TV and enough room for them to move. His one gripe? The queues on park! He queued an hour for 'Nemesis' (grrr!!) with his daughter and wasn't very happy with the park operations generally.

The one thing he really sang praises of was Summer Nights - couldn't speak more highly of it!

I guess that's proof that families with older kids can, and will, visit and enjoy the 'Resort' :)

Interesting post that seems to have gone under the radar this Saz, nice one!

I've always thought that, in general, the GP don't really mind where they stay as long as it's clean and comfortable which, unquestionably, the Crash Pad seems to be. It's only us enthusiasts who tend to find problems with it as it's at a Theme Park yet its completely plain and boring. I've shown my parent's pictures of it and, whilst they said the outside did look like a prison cell block, once I showed them pictures of the inside they were surprised and said they would probably stay there for the night if the price was right. :)

I've got to say the Crash Pad was great fun when I went. As long as you spend most of your time in the Dome, it can be a right laugh. It's also great to get to walk around some parts of the park late at night, you can get some great pics. It was a fantastic experience to wake up and see many rollercoasters only 200ft away.