• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

It turns out Thorpe's opening hours aren't as good as we thought they were going to be following some changes to the calendar, most notably weekdays in June have reverted to 5pm closures rather than 6pm. The various preview days have also been taken off the calendar as they are apparently "invite only", the ones in October have now been replaced by regular 10-5 hours.

Fright Nights also seems to be 1 day shorter than in previous years, with the loss of the first Friday.

John said:
The various preview days have also been taken off the calendar as they are apparently "invite only", the ones in October have now been replaced by regular 10-5 hours.

Fright Nights also seems to be 1 day shorter than in previous years, with the loss of the first Friday.

I expect that "invite only" means annual pass holders etc, I also think the first Friday of Fright Nights will become the Annual Pass preview day.

Going slightly off topic, but has anyone noticed the various competitions Thorpe keep putting up on their Facebook wall? It's brilliant! Wish AT would do this on their Facebook wall.

I will certainly try and get to the summer nights event one day this year, they sounded like a good idea last year but I couldn't make them as they were a bit last minute.

Went to the EAG International Expo this week and the company doing the 4D Angry Birds thingy were there. Nothing exciting to report on though, they didn't seem that excited about it themselves haha.

They seem to be pushing the THORPE PARK Resort status quite a bit now, the website refers to it quite a bit on various pages, and the Twitter has been updated to. However Facebook still remains THORPE PARK OFFICIAL. Not quite sure why they still have THORPE PARK in capitals but Resort in lowercase.

I'm quite surprised we haven't seen a new logo including Resort, especially with the new annual pass design.

Thorpe's brand is a total mess.

On a side note since I don't know where else to ask. Anyone here been to the Ministry of Sound nights? Are they any good?

I'm tempted to go to one later this year although I'm not sure if it's as good as it sounds...

Now I might be reading to much in to this, but Thorpe have just posted this on their Facebook page:

Look who’s been in to get their Annual Pass on THROWBACK THURSDAY!!

Our old friends The THORPE PARK Rangers popped in earlier to grab their discounted Annual Pass and with prices from just £48 you don’t want to miss out!

Could this mean the old park mascots will be returning in 2014?

That is very interesting. It would be nice if the Rangers are to return but I feel this is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy annual passes.

Clever.

Pic in question...

1546351_10152178381705867_1652942699_n.jpg

It's so obvious that they've just taken them out of storage and posed them...

Benzin said:
Pic in question...
It's so obvious that they've just taken them out of storage and posed them...

If anyone wanders around TP dressed like that.... I cannot imagine that will end well.

THORPE have lost the plot completely.