• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park - Temporary shipping container hotel to be built - The Crashpad

It looks great. For a festival. :/ You could flip the whole bloody thing upside down and it would be good as new with a blast of a pressure washer, but for a theme park it looks atrocious and totally inadequate on every level.

I saw these at Silverstone during the British Grand Prix and I thought they looked heavenly, to be honest...

Compared to the muddiest campsite in the history of the circuit and the £17 pop up tent I was staying in for the weekend, plus no possibility of a shower.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Just been looking up prices myself and it isn't all that bad if you need tickets. Was getting quoted £120 for a 1 night stay in April with 2 days of park entry. So £60 a head for two days in a theme park, with somewhere to kip and your breakfast in the morning seems alright to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Like I just said to some people, there's a part of me which would have a laugh at the novelty of getting a bit drunk in the abysmal Thorpe Dome and then crashing in a ridiculous room... but for the prices I'd be running to an Ibis Budget any day!

^^ Ok but on an ideal day at Thorpe, which is certainly achievable throughout the year, you'd have finished the park by lunchtime, sometimes including re-rides. Not many of the rides are particularly re-rideable (I'd limit it to the 2 B&Ms and Stealth), and none are good enough to warrant queuing for hours or coming back a second day.

Alton is big enough, nice enough to be in and with enough to do (including re-riding one of the world's best coasters) that it could fairly easily warrant two days. I really don't think Thorpe does. So, if you did just go for one day, I don't understand why you'd spend a night in one of the UK's smallest rooms in a useless location when there are a myriad of surrounding accommodations with bigger rooms, better prices and easier-to-access locations.

I'd quite like to stay, just to say that I've spent the evening in a Merlin shipping container.

I do think that the pop up hotel idea is quite genius however, the price really isn't - especially considering Thorpe's target market. I'd probably want a note or two more, left in my purse after purchase, to consider it reasonable.

Just booked a stay in The Crash Pad for the simple reason I'm staying one night during Fright Nights. Usually we stop at Mercure Thames Lodge hotel but seeing as we are doing Fright Nights and not leaving the park till late it would just be easier to sleep here. If this would of been dearer or it wasn't a Fright Night, then I wouldn't of but for £140 for two adults to stop one night (Sunday) and tickets for two days in the park (one of them being a Fright Night) then it seems reasonable.

And I can say I've stayed in a Merlin shipping container! :p

Tomahawktom said:
Imaging Thorpe trying to do scare rooms in the Crash pad. There would be no where for the actors to go!
It's a good job they won't be then ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

These rooms are the size, and layout, of EasyHotel rooms.

If you need a bed, and bathroom facilities, this will suit you. I don't understand what all the jokes are about? If you don't like it, just don't look & stay here. This will do well due to its price and simplicity.

If EasyHotel can sell a room with 2 metres squared floor space, and do well, TP can too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T said:
If EasyHotel can sell a room with 2 metres squared floor space, and do well, TP can too.

How do their prices compare to Thorpe's? :)

BigAl said:
T said:

How do their prices compare to Thorpe's? :)
Obviously, I wasn't comparing the prices! I was merely stating the fact that there clearly is an appeal and demand for small budget rooms that serve the sole purpose of staying over in a specific location.

Sorted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's what the jokes are about, the prices! This does seem like a good idea and if it was priced more reasonably, could be quite tempting.

I think you need to also take into consideration although not alot of room in the container itself you are literally meters away from the park and id class that as a privilege/perk.

Dar said:
That's what the jokes are about, the prices! This does seem like a good idea and if it was priced more reasonably, could be quite tempting.

I paid £140 for a night stop in The Crash Pad and tickets for two days for two people (one being a Fright Night & a Sunday at that). £70 per person to stop one night, breakfast in the morning and two days in the park - I'd call that a bargain.

Well, it looks just as good as everyone thought it would :p

image_03_50

From TPMania Live

Why don't they nickname it "Alcatraz" now and be done with it.

That is utterly horrific.

Jesus. Worse than expected even!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2