• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park - Temporary shipping container hotel to be built - The Crashpad

That looks erm cramped.....it sleeps 4?

I am in the target market....but would rather go to a Travelodge where 4 can sleep and have stuff and move :p

How on earth does this sleep 4? I spot two beds, a Single and a questionable double. Maybe they expect 4 to pay for 2 "pads" but they are all hanging out in 1?

I know these are shipping containers but surely a room could be twice that size? That's bloody ridiculous! I've seen cupboards bigger than that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

It looks like a small version of an Etap room (If that is even possible?!). I wonder how long those LCDs will last, before someone moves around a bit much in their sleep and gives it a good kick...

On the plus side at least they don't look like containers on the inside. But there really is in no escaping the fact that these rooms are so small :/

They look like glorified prison cells :/

I can see them being incredibly hot in the summer, noisy from adjoining rooms, cramped and cheap looking. Having said this though, I can see it being popular with Thorpes style of audience, particularly during their Club Nights :)

I just got déjà vu due to them looking like Etap/Ibis hotel rooms lol.

They look rather cramped too - hmmm, cosy :p

Looking hilariously small, think they'll have some serious claustrophobia issues on their hands from that, but on the other hand look like they'd be clean and functional, and brilliant for people wanting genuinely budget accommodation; it's just a shame that the prices are clearly never going to suit that kind of budget...

That said if I could get one of these rooms really cheap I think a fun night would be had!

nickhutson said:
Bear said:
Ian said:
Magrathea said:
That said if I could get one of these rooms really cheap I think a fun night would be had!

Ooherr missus! ;)

I seriously think it'd be great fun to spend a night in there! Depending on the price of course.

And the company :) I have a feeling lots of chavs are going to be conceived at this place!

tumblr_lpwbg5lseL1qbbcr0o1_400.png

I knew these were never going to be big, but they do look rather cramped! In terms of style though they look great; nice and modern. Not too keen on the frosted bathroom door with a big hole in it as a handle, that's far too Ibis Budget for my liking. And those TV's aren't going to last long placed where they are, they'll either get kicked or head butted depending on which way round people decide to sleep.

:)

Welcome to STV Swarm TV, all day every day! You like tilt loops and themed wingrider trains? Well this is channel for you!

Fredward said:
Welcome to STV Swarm TV, all day every day! You like tilt loops and themed wingrider trains? Well this is channel for you!

I love the fact that they didn't even bother to photoshop a different image onto the large canvas picture on the opposite wall - it's exactly the same one :p

nickhutson said:
And the company :) I have a feeling lots of chavs are going to be conceived at this place!

What will they call the babies?! At least the Beckham's went somewhere nice, the name Brooklyn has a nice ring to it over time.

Expect a rise in the names Thorpe and Crash? Thorpe is a bit more feminine I think.