• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park - Temporary shipping container hotel to be built - The Crashpad

A one night stay for 4 for south meet is £207. Apparently that includes tickets, so I'm not sure how it works with MAPs and TAPs? And that's 25% off as well!

For comparison, the same night in Splash for 4 with breakfast and tickets for 2 days in £258. Without tickets, for MAPers and AAPers, it's only £120 B+B

It seems that Thorpe have out starred ATH and Splash, with the crash pad being 4star! :p
YgMSD69.png

TheMan said:
nickhutson said:
And the company :) I have a feeling lots of chavs are going to be conceived at this place!

What will they call the babies?! At least the Beckham's went somewhere nice, the name Brooklyn has a nice ring to it over time.

Expect a rise in the names Thorpe and Crash? Thorpe is a bit more feminine I think.

Staines.

Dar said:
It seems that Thorpe have out starred ATH and Splash, with the crash pad being 4star! :p
YgMSD69.png

Oh wow, Splash and ATH look amazing and presentable! This doesn't

Makes you think though eh?

Park Locations:

Windsor
Kingston
Alton

You can imagine Eton having students with names like that

Staines. Bobbleheads. Shipping Container Hotels. Maps with people ...... in the bushes.

They really are idiots at Thorpe, sorry.. THORPE, aren't they? Presently akin to Lunatics running the asylum.

So it's a shoebox, used by up to four people who have been eating nothing but themepark food all day, and they put the toilet door right next to the beds!? Can you imagine the nightmares that will come wafting out of that bathroom to choke your slumber! :p

I hope these rooms have mighty powerful extraction fans! :D

Dar said:
A one night stay for 4 for south meet is £207. Apparently that includes tickets, so I'm not sure how it works with MAPs and TAPs? And that's 25% off as well!

For comparison, the same night in Splash for 4 with breakfast and tickets for 2 days in £258. Without tickets, for MAPers and AAPers, it's only £120 B+B

YgMSD69.png

I think there is a discount code you can but in for if you have an annual pass, meaning you only pay B&B and not for the tickets. Saying that, I've just had a look and I can no longer find this option. Strange!

4 star though!? How can they rate something that small 4 star?

:)

If rooms that are so cramped with little activity to offer are classed as 4 star, then surely Alton's hotels should be at least 4 star considering they have bars, entertainment, and the water park!

It really baffles me...

I just can't see many people wanting to return to Thorpe after staying in these rooms as they are too confined and do not offer enough to make people want to return.

WOW! Okay, I mean I wouldn't have ever thought these rooms were going to be massive, but my God! Small doesn't even come into it?!!

They are really very cramped and I honestly do not possibly see how on earth they sleep 4 people? Also in terms of the Bathroom... Does it even have a shower?! I am failing to see how these rooms can possibly be priced as they are!

Also, you wouldn't get me staying in one of them, not with that hideous lack of window!! Don't get me wrong, the design is nice, but they are far too small!!

Firstly, there's no way these are four star.

The rooms look like a smaller version of Ibis Budget.

The Ibis Budget at Beaconsfield is usually around £30.00 per room per night.

I'd happily stay in the box. I'm looking into it for later this year. I don't care for all the snobby "It's small, it's chav-y" shouts, it'll be a laugh.

Rob said:
4 star though!? How can they rate something that small 4 star?

:)

WHAT?

I think they have stolen Chessington's new giraffes, because my goodness they are having one here!!!

They'd be lucky to get ONE for those abominations!!

Note to Thorpe: Cramming in some Ikea style glorified bunk beds, with a toilet, some B&Q ceiling tiles and halogen lights - with barely enough room to fuss a pussy...cat, never mind swing one, does not four star accommodation make!

The first time I heard the phrase "Stacking is Slacking" was in the Nemesis queue Saturday, THORPE as usual, take it to the next level, by continuing this notion actually into the on site accommodation!

Stacking is Fapping is far more representative of my considerations on this awful tat!

Blaze said:
I'd happily stay in the box. I'm looking into it for later this year. I don't care for all the snobby "It's small, it's chav-y" shouts, it'll be a laugh.

Stay in a box at NiteNite in Birmingham.

It's far cheaper.

;)

AstroDan said:
Blaze said:

Stay in a box at NiteNite in Birmingham.

It's far cheaper.

;)

Contemporary, stylish, comfortable, well laid out, appropriate size for either uno persona or perhaps a couple that don't mind watching each other on the crapper.

Remember these boxes were designed, rather brilliantly, to be portable and available at festivals, formula one etc. As a concept in that regards, they are fantastic! For Merlin to build one and then self rate it four stars?

All I can say, is it is a good job for a certain staff and departments, that I do not run Merlin. How Varney allows this rubbish to go out everywhere, is unfathomable to me. It is embarrassing.

Lowest common denominator always it seems at THORPE PARK.

(By the way, if it was marketed as it is, and for what it is, and at again an appropriate price point I wouldn't mind - but they don't, again)

Yeah, the 4 star thing is embarrassing, and I can't see how they can fit more than 3 at most, but it'd be a laugh, it'd be different, and to just spend one night in, it's bearable.

Oh Merlin! <3
W8S5s3S.png

It seems ticketless prices vary. You can add an extra night either side of the day you're on park and the Saturday night of south meet is £102 and the Monday night after is £87.
fc4bc5703d714badb1349ec.png

4 star?! I'd be interested to know what scale they base that on... Especially considering that Hotel Matamba is only 3 stars (Yes I realise that the scale works different over there :p ). It is rather concerning the recent pricing of accomodation within UK Merlin parks. With this and the Moon Voyager rooms I can't help but feel a bit concerned about the price the 2014 proposed lodges will be starting at...

They probably won't lose money on this, but it'll damage their customer satisfactions ratings amongst people unfortunate enough to fall for this spectacularly.

i.e. they probably won't have trouble filling the rooms, it's just that the people who do go will probably never want to go near Thorpe Park again...

Marketing the Crash Pad as 4* is simply unethical (if nothing else!) given the room size and facilities.
It'd be interesting to see what visitEngland/the AA would rate the accomodation as..

It's desirable to stay the night in, in the same way that "I'm a Celebrity" is somewhat entertaining... it's so basic, it's fun.

I still cannot quite get over the irony that Merlin have actually added a hotel made of shipping containers. This fact is still a hurdle in my struggle to take this entire decision seriously. Utterly, utterly bizarre.