• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

The Nemesis monster's TLC is still underway

C445EMsWYAAp9mG.jpg:large

I don't think the cost of a scenic repaint of Nemesis is anywhere near appreciated.

The fact that the monster is getting a proper, high quality repaint rather than a cheaper non-scenic paint is great to see.

I bet this is costing six figures and could be the most expensive TLC project yet?

I don't think the cost of a scenic repaint of Nemesis is anywhere near appreciated.

The fact that the monster is getting a proper, high quality repaint rather than a cheaper non-scenic paint is great to see.

I bet this is costing six figures and could be the most expensive TLC project yet?
I was just thinking that. This is proper skilled work here. I know we've come to expect lashing of white paint slopped around carelessly with a b&q value brush, but this is even better than the original in my opinion. Looking after a great Park asset.

Reactions: pj
I think this repaint states here intention of keeping the ride for a long time to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pj
This is very standard scenic painting and the monster should have never looked any less than this. Except sadly nothing has been painted properly like this by a good scenic artist in a Merlin park for many years. It will cost, certainly. But nothing the company can't easily afford. The company deliberately doesn't budget for such things though, that's the thing, so this won't have been granted without a fight.

I think it looks fantastic too, even more "Nemesis" than its original scenic paintwork (which is different to how it has looked for the last 10 years or so).

I'm sorry, but since when did Merlin employ "artists"?
Subcontractors. There are plenty of great scenic artwork companies, there used to be more when parks actually employed them and gave them business!

I really can't praise the Nemesis station paint enough, because this is exactly the standard that should be held. It may be more expensive than you're used to Merlin, but millions of people see it and pass by it year on year, so it's worth every penny and don't stop here!

The repaint looks good - that floor needs a bit of a power wash as well but I suppose I could get over that ;)

16830803_1358162077587566_7151897905463429541_n.jpg
16830699_1358162087587565_1992708546388278161_n.jpg

On TS Facebook:
Alton Towers are at intu Potteries today looking to recruit some more staff.

On one of the photos they have uploaded we can't help but notice a new 2017 promotional image, which includes Hex and the driving school rebranded to a Cloud Cuckoo Land theme.
So it looks like the driving school will receive a retheme to CCL and if you look closely Hex has a new logo, so RIP Driving School Lady and old Hex logo :'( Hex needed a new logo anyway.

Last edited:
Nemmy repaint looks great. However, they are just painting over rotting fibreglass and so it'll inevitably look a state in a few years.

It still boggles the mind why they decided to repaint 'it's supposed to look rusty' Nemesis track and neglect a re-themed Air. Was there any retracking/welding?

Nemmy repaint looks great. However, they are just painting over rotting fibreglass and so it'll inevitably look a state in a few years.

It still boggles the mind why they decided to repaint 'it's supposed to look rusty' Nemesis track and neglect a re-themed Air. Was there any retracking/welding?
No it was just a repaint of track and station. No track modifier-cations were done.

It is a mix of GRP and mostly sprayed concrete render. It has been correctly painted with the right process from what I can tell. It's not another cheap job paint-over like in more recent years.

Yes this is a shame, the supports look very clean now with none of its original look and the track detail very painted-on. They were in need of a repaint however and perhaps it was chosen to be more obvious paint style rather than realistic, as a reactionary move to the 'unsafe' word of mouth after the Smiler accident. Oh well.

No it was just a repaint of track and station. No track modifier-cations were done.
Yes, there was work done to the track for inspection reasons which required parts to be repainted again.

and if you look closely Hex has a new logo, so RIP Driving School Lady and old Hex logo :'( Hex needed a new logo anyway.
Why on earth did Hex need a new logo, and how can you tell this from about 10 pixels on a promo picture on a recruitment stand?