• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Why on earth did Hex need a new logo, and how can you tell this from about 10 pixels on a promo picture on a recruitment stand?
Well if you look closely you can spot the vault with the very faint text saying 'HEX' underneath maybe the new logo is there to appeal more to families and keep it modern with the rest of the park, it's been done before with Nemesis so I'm not surprised they have updated the logo.

16830803_1358162077587566_7151897905463429541_n.jpg
16830699_1358162087587565_1992708546388278161_n.jpg

On TS Facebook:

So it looks like the driving school will receive a retheme to CCL and if you look closely Hex has a new logo, so RIP Driving School Lady and old Hex logo :'( Hex needed a new logo anyway.

No CCL retheme anytime soon then :(

I highly doubt the work on Driving School has cost the earth. It has been advertised on the website as closed for refurbishment/TLC, so they had to do something to the attraction, even if that is just a case of repainting the attraction and putting some vinyl prints over the cars. The (minimal) work on Driving School will just be done to show they've actually done something and to tide it over until the area gets a new theme most likely in 2018.

I don't know how anyone can see anything Hex on there, even zooming in and squinting I cannot see anything useful. :p

It still boggles the mind why they decided to repaint 'it's supposed to look rusty' Nemesis track and neglect a re-themed Air. Was there any retracking/welding?
It boggles your mind that they didn't paint a ride as part of a retheme that requires riders to wear VR headsets?

Last edited:
Driving schools one of them that, as a 32 year old with no kids goes very below the radar. But, as a 32 year old towers enthusiast. It seems daft to do up and not open. I hope, that ccl will gets a explosive retheme sometime between now and 2018. Part of a big new towers experience alongside sw8. At the moment. Ccl looks like a town that's had a new out of town shopping centre open. The buildings are there. But its either empty or a charity shop.

Now also, as a enthusiast. Hex. New logo. If its true great. If it isn't still great. Glad its back. Seeing a shut former grand entrance to the towers itself is just wrong. The queue line area is meant to scene by all. Our sainted john, at his best. Working with his environment.

I hope with that area, this the darkest before the dawn.

Any explanation as to why Nemmy's eye's haven't been gloss clear coated?

Boredom lead me to notice this issue.

I'm still just worried about how long the Towers ruins will be closed for, and how much of them, during the season. I'm trying not to sound like a broken record about it, but I really enjoy just wandering around them and eating my dinner in there on the benches etc. Simple pleasures. I see and understand the argument for the Scarefest preparations etc but it's such a shame that a big part of the history of the place gets shut off from the general public on a day to day basis. You'd have to admit that it seems like the Towers have been open less and less in recent years as Scarefest has increased in popularity. It's very sad in many ways........

Good job its listed. Also a relief the previous owners sold the contents off
In 1952. As id worry about the building more if it was in all its splendour.

Good job its listed. Also a relief the previous owners sold the contents off
In 1952. As id worry about the building more if it was in all its splendour.

To be honest, most of the most valuable things were pretty much gone by the late 1850s and in the decades following that. However, arguably the most important thing, which is the house, was only stripped in the mid 20th century as you rightly say (structurally etc). There were a couple of great auctions between these times which included things in the gardens and grounds as well as the house, not forgetting the fact that the place was also subject to occupation of soldiers training during WW2 (they can not be held as completely innocent of any damage in my opinion). It has been an interesting place. By the time the Bagshaws got their hands on it, it had already been stripped of its major worth as a whole. They just finished it off by stripping what was left in wood and lead, and whatever else they found of value....in a way of continuing to present the place as a leisure venue. However, planned or not, they literally left the house in a condition to rot, which I find deplorable.

You'd have thought that Alton Towers wouldn't have to do a bit of a roadshow type thing to attract applicants these days. Strange. Maybe they do it all the time though and I'm just missing the obvious.

I would expect they do it most years, given that a large amount of their staff are seasonal and therefore leave every November and come back in March/May they will have to recruit a couple of hundred people each year, which isn't easy if you want quality staff.