• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I think you both have good points. I think the public do care about the state of the park but the smokescreen of being excited of being there and wanting to go on everything has a way of beautifying the park.
I think a lot of what they are doing won't be noticed by the bulk of people visiting the park, however I can just about buy in to the argument that people will notice when things like this aren't done - if things are in such a bad state.

However, as we've discussed a bajillion times before, the threshold by which it becomes a problem is almost incalculably different when you compare most people posting in this thread and John Q. Nemesis Rider.

4e2763188602eae2c39b26746c12fb0b.jpg

Back to how it belongs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4e2763188602eae2c39b26746c12fb0b.jpg

Back to how it belongs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still Coca-Cola branding though but I think it's good, I hope they have done/will do something with the queueline though. Or put some audio around Submission/Enterprise's area oh and do up the Oblivion building, It looks to be falling apart.

OH! Thank goodness, finally! Back to its proper design. Why it was ever fiddled we'll never know, and why it wasn't just put back to slick black immediately after the sponsorship removed.

Black is the new black

Still lots of repairing that ought to be done around X Sector, like the blistering paint everywhere and queueline buildings that need a full on repair. But it at least it's not tacky orange all over the place anymore.

I wonder whether they've removed the orange paint from the emboss concrete logos around the drop area? Though I suppose thats not that big of a deal really! Looks so much better already! All thats needed now is to re-open the original lower level rehydrator bar!

:D

That looks so much better than the bright orange. If they've jet washed the area around the drop zone then it'll look even better so here's hoping!

Even if they just opened the downstairs bar (was it even a bar?) as a cut through to get rid of the closed shutters then it'd be an improvement and would offer a brilliant approach to the drop.

It was a light show with a coke bar in it too. The man from the Oblivion queuelines also made his own special appearance in there on TV screens.

Originally designed to be a lot greater and more flash, in fact a major part of X Sector. However most of it was cut from the budget unfortunately and heavily sponsored in the end. The light show and coke bar were removed in 2001 to use it as a F&B shop, probably when the Coke sponsorship ran out.

One of my favourite parts of X Sector's design, shame it didn't quite make it and the final result wasn't kept for long.

Last edited:
Oh, the mention of the bar on Oblivion on the lower deck.
Yes there was indeed a bar ...briefly.
Around that time, booze had been a rare treat at the Towers, and alcohol was usually only served at the table with food for quite a few years if I remember correctly.
I think the park dried up with the arrival of the Corkscrew.
However, the only drink available was hideously expensive, so much so I can still remember it.
Three quid for a half pint plastic bottle of p!ss lager, so six quid a pint in a plastic glass, but it was still fun drinking beer while watching the oblivion drop from close up.
It was just £24 for a round when it would have been about six quid elsewhere.