• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

A lot of parks with 4D theatres outside Disney and Universal seem to have more generic themed theatres and change the film every season or two. This would probably would be a better option, gives them something to market as new every couple of seasons.

I imagine this will stay as a 4D theatre though as all the equipment is there but open up with a new ride film either next year or as part of a possible bigger retheme of the area in 2019.

I did think Ice Age would last a bit longer than it did, but it was always going to be flash in the pan.

Wow though, the new for 2012 attractions really didn't last did they...

I'm glad they've at least removed any sign of Ice Age being there. Still looks awful with empty spaces though. I was quite find of Ice Age, it's the closest you could get to a 'sit down show' kind of thing, which Towers has been lacking for many many years. I do feel it's a bit of a silly decision however, every time I went to Ice Age last year it was pretty much full, so it was popular, even with that side of the park being as dead as a dodo.

On a brighter notes Towers have posted two Hex related posts on social media the past few days, great to see them noting TLC in some way on the main page, and funnily enough said posts have gained more attention/interest than 90% of Towers social media posts the past few months. You don't always need to shove sales sales sales in our faces to gain interest.

The theatre does look so much better now! It never really looked right as Ice Age anyway, it took over the area a bit too much. Though I do hope they use it for something in the future, maybe turn it into a "house of illusion" or something. Would tie in quite well with the whole larger than life theme in CCL.

Unfortunately though so much of the parks rides and attractions have ben closed/removed over the past three years with nothing to replace them:

Nemesis Sub Terra
Ripsaw
Submission
The Flume
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Twirling Toadstool
Wobble World
CCL Theatre
X-Sell
Spinball Noodles
Mutiny Bay Outlets
SLH (till summer 2017)

Its almost like visiting a construction site. Or the real life equivelent of a "beta release"

They've left it so long, and now have to do it all at once! Its a shame it got to this point but heres to the TLC teams efforts in doing the best they can!

:)

Might have an act to fill the theatre. Anybody know what Holly Go is up to nowadays? (I'm looking at you, Wilsy)

QaCxjct.jpg

Might have an act to fill the theatre. Anybody know what Holly Go is up to nowadays? (I'm looking at you, Wilsy)

QaCxjct.jpg

As far as I know, they're all on their own paths now, or at least some of them are. Whether that's solo careers or musicals or something along those lines I'm not too sure, but I don't believe the original lineup is still together.

In honesty, I'd rather have the building empty than see the return of a tacky, by-the-numbers cabaret style act. Like someone mentioned earlier, all the 4D equipment is still in there, so I say save it until the area gets a much needed makeover and relaunch it then.

No, I think band is the right word... they should have been banned from the start.

Back to Ice Age, it may be the rose coloured glasses of an old man, but the best show they've very had in what is now CCL was Alton Theatre and Fantastic Fountains .

Loved that show as a kid!

I was just reading the thread and had the same memory come into my head.

The thing is these days Alton have to have a USP with everything or get a half arsed version of some in fashion coaster (Rita). Maybe it was being a child and maybe kids tastes have changed but the place seemed more fun 20-25 years ago. Shame really. We're all mainly on here for nostalgic reasons these days.

That said I really believe in the TLC programme. If these people were let loose on the whole park I could aw it being put back to former glories

I'm really surprised they have closed Ice Age, it was a very popular attraction with families and older alike. Even if they kept it open but had it running once every 2 hours it would be something, but seems a bit daft closing it completely especially when that area is now empty and twirling toadstool is even closed.

It seems strange to be closing it after they highlighted repainting as part of TLC last year.

Driving school has reopened but 2 more attractions have closed, cloud cuckoo land has practically disappeared since 2015. Is there anything left other than diving school and frog hopper?

Really hoping this is the end of the closures in the park and we start seeing things reopening again soon or new attractions replacing closed rides.

I'm really surprised they have closed Ice Age, it was a very popular attraction with families and older alike. Even if they kept it open but had it running once every 2 hours it would be something, but seems a bit daft closing it completely especially when that area is now empty and twirling toadstool is even closed.
From what I understand, you don't save very much money from irregular showings and it just creates an inconvenience in terms of staffing.

The only real saving comes if you don't license the content.

That's disappointing, it's just a shop, I really don't get why they closed it in the first place. Also, it seems like there's a lot of new merch this year, so I'd be surprised if they didn't bother with it.

Having seen CCL in person on Saturday, the area feels so bare and empty. Last year wasn't so bad as Charlie is out the way and driving school was blocked off. But you now walk in past a long fence blocking Charlie and toadstool. In front of you is this massive empty building, next to an empty shop, next to another empty building (nickelodeon), then on the other side of the street is a boarded up cafe next to a boarded up building!

Even at the other end the big area that used to be next to the driving school is blocked off and we just have a small picsolve photo counter near the exit of the driving school.

Years ago when it was acted St or Talbot Street every building was used for something, now none of them are.

I feel like even something extremely minor and low budget but tacky and fun, like Impossible at Pleasure Beach (minus the shoddy mad house at the end) would improve Cloud Cuckoo Land no end. Would actually fit in with the theme of the area and use up one of the buildings as well.