• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Gonna have to disagree on the booze! As much as I like a tipple, a family theme park is the last place that should be filled with booze outlets and people walking around under the influence. In a seated restaurant is fine, and the courtyard tavern, but it doesnt need to be anywhere else. And if anything, alcohol in the park needs to be more expensive so people only have the one or two drinks and not go on a drinking binge!

Gonna have to disagree on the booze! As much as I like a tipple, a family theme park is the last place that should be filled with booze outlets and people walking around under the influence. In a seated restaurant is fine, and the courtyard tavern, but it doesnt need to be anywhere else. And if anything, alcohol in the park needs to be more expensive so people only have the one or two drinks and not go on a drinking binge!

I agree,I didn't like it when they first changed the rehydrator and the emphasis was put on bottled beer, with huge signage around the walls stating alcohol cannot be taken out of this area, it just felt weird. Much better to just have Tavern, Woodcutters, Towers St as the main bars on park.

Europa-Park begs to differ! ;)

Europa-Park begs to differ! ;)

But drinking attitudes are different in Europe to the UK. You can get alcohol pretty much anywhere in Europe and its not seen as the "social release" as it is here in the UK. While your typical Eurosprout may have just one drink, a Brit may not stop on the beer until they lose all control of their bodily functions, wet their pants and get arrested trying to hump/pick a fight with one of the Smiler track supports.

...and some of us have a party down the bottom of express parking with the picnic lunch...on many occasions.
Then there has been the sneaky vodka in the all day drinking cup that half the middle aged mothers manage to get through the day on!
Heard that particular tale so many times!

As far as I'm aware most of the Coke themeing is still there. When it was turned in to a food place they just put a wall in and counter, and all the old stuff is behind it. I know a few years ago when I got a drink there and the door was open you could see the red counter at the back.

However the food outlet was closed all last season, and no doubt will stay closed this season.

I'd be surprised if the light show and screens were still there, I think they were in the top floor mostly which has since been converted into a top floor cafe , it used to be one free space.

They never advertised this reprint on TLC
ofpCatu.jpg

Probably because its a subtle closure of a failed attraction than what they'd want to promote. Good that they did something to make it look less defunct. But really, who markets these attractions only for them to last 4 years?