• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

In a sane world I would agree.

...And yet...

Well @AstroDan seems quite certain it will get redone for 2019 and that feels like it makes sense, quiet year this year, SW8 next year (maybe some CBeebies refresh too, such as new characters in the arena) and then CCL re-done for 2019 with Charlie and the whole area getting replaced.

I doubt they will leave it fully empty for two seasons. They'll find someway of putting somthing in to make money. Cbeebiesland could be extended to that end of the park no problem. Very intresting to ee what they do with the CaTCF ride.

I doubt they will leave it fully empty for two seasons. They'll find someway of putting somthing in to make money. Cbeebiesland could be extended to that end of the park no problem. Very intresting to ee what they do with the CaTCF ride.

Next season is SW8 so nothing major will happen then in CCL. Plus the Dan is the oracle when it comes to Towers so I trust 2019 will be its year.

Why TLC the driving school to CCL Driving school if they are just gonna retheme it :S (Not complaining about any TLC though)

Why TLC the driving school to CCL Driving school if they are just gonna retheme it :S (Not complaining about any TLC though)

Last year they TLC'd Ice Age. That shows the logic, I guess they had to do it really instead of just opening it back up and CCL decals can easily be changed. They may not Re-Theme CCL to something new either. To be fair, The idea of CCL is a good one, it just needs to be expanded on with more attractions and a decent spruce up. It's an ideal area for a few small attractions - Remember the Mini Apple next to the Theatre, so if they can expand it a little, return toadstool and even one more DECENT flat ride for kids and some shops/activities in the old buildings then I think that would go down well.

Was it still sponsored by Peugeot up until now?

I don't think so, the Peugeot sponsorship went a little while ago.

I doubt any of the TLC work in CCL has cost that much and at least it should look presentable for the two seasons before a potential re-theme.

:)

Because as far as we know its still going to be open for two years, why not make it look its best for people who ride it in that time?

Be interesting to see what they actually come up with this area. Or how quickly they do. I still think they'll move to do something next year even if its small.

This just in from TLC

https://twitter.com/altontlc/status/845389422640205824

C7ttIIrXkAAfQI-

New sign for Duel and 'planned TLC during next closed season'. This may line up with suggestions SW8 is to be a part of Gloomy Wood and Duel will be revamped to match.

Last edited:
Duel needs "some TLC" because the paying public are still allowed to go in it for some reason. I'd shut the thing right now for restoration work, it is in a shocking state. The ride is broken and needs fixing with real money and care. Nothing to do with SW8.

Good work again by the TLC team.

If the Hex TLC is anything to go by, I look forward to seeing what they can do with Duel. Maybe give the lighting an overhaul and get rid of some of the awful brightly lit areas and UV lights ruining several scenes? That's my main gripe with Duel.

Nothing to do with SW8.

Not likely true. Yes, Duel has been in a bad state for a while. But I don't think it's coincidence they're planning to regenerate the ride next closed season, right in time for the same season SW8 is meant to open in...and is also a part of the same area.

Sorry, you misunderstood what I mean to say, I meant it 'should be' nothing to do with SW8. It should be out of principle for the ride being completely busted and unacceptable.

We don't know what's happening next year either, it could be tweaking bits and bobs for all we know. The ride needs way more than even Hex got this winter to be where it should be. And I cant see that money being spent sadly!

Duel seemed better last season than last few before that. Main issue is too many of the lights are too bright. But overall you can tell that someone at least is trying to care for it.

Having seen CCL in person on Saturday, the area feels so bare and empty. Last year wasn't so bad as Charlie is out the way and driving school was blocked off. But you now walk in past a long fence blocking Charlie and toadstool. In front of you is this massive empty building, next to an empty shop, next to another empty building (nickelodeon), then on the other side of the street is a boarded up cafe next to a boarded up building!

Even at the other end the big area that used to be next to the driving school is blocked off and we just have a small picsolve photo counter near the exit of the driving school.

Years ago when it was acted St or Talbot Street every building was used for something, now none of them are.

It's quite clear something is planned here however will it be a new build or just something shoved in the building a la dark forest? Either way it's safe to say It's days are numbered