• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I like what IMAScore have done - I will be curious to hear the rest of it, but it sounds great.

Thanks for the nice comments on the Halloween and Christmas tracks - maybe they will get released one day!

May sound a daft question Nick, but why are you saying thank you?

Were you involved in them? (Forgive my ignorance or if I'm missing something here)

The thing with writing entrance music (I pitched a track, too) is that to write 45 minutes of one melody is extremely difficult as you need to come up with the strong and interesting ideas to bridge it all together. It's entirely doable and a joy one it's worked out - but sometimes some bits may seem a bit more "bland" than others.

One must reserve judgement until you hear the full track. It's like listening to a 1 second segment of a 3 minute song and then offering a comment.

I think it sounds pretty good thus far!

Last edited:
The thing with writing entrance music (I pitched a track, too) is that to write 45 minutes of one melody is extremely difficult.

Was 45 minutes specified by the park? That's a very long piece of music by any measure. I believe the Graham Smart loop was only 11 minutes or so long. I suppose the track length is a question of ethics in some ways. The duration is inversely proportional to how mad everyone working in that area will be driven.

My favourite Towers Street music will always be the Graham Smart track for largely sentimental reasons but that little snippet sounded pretty good to me. Certainly an improvement on the current one.

667dc9e69dca120e4de468fb26b10162.jpg

By whom

LEGAL DISCLAIMER TO ANY MERLIN TYPES READING THIS:

I no longer have a MAP and wouldn't visit your park to save my own grandmother from The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. If any of these appear on signage round the park, it was not me!

I just hope the new TS music has the same charm as the previous iterations. The Graham Smart piece perfectly captured the Alton Towers magic - it was fun, melodic and quirky. Even the Pitstop version,whilst inferior still had a very British charm.

All of IMAscore's work feels very ...boring. I hope we get some weird synth sounds and whacky pieces but I fear it'll be run of the mill "Adventure/Enchantment orchestral"

IMAscore are brilliant, if the towers street music manages to incorporate things from the other towers street tracks then it'll be good, from what I've heard it sounds good anyway! For the people that want to hear Graham Smarts towers street music head to fountain square :p mind you IMAscores best soundtrack are definitely all of helix's and While repetitive, the smilers. As long as the towers street music isn't too calm then alls good, it just needs to be upbeat and have a bit of energy.

I thought it was very odd, with them refreshing the old Guest Services building with a lick of paint(?) and a new sign saying 'Number 1 Towers Street' when there was nothing going on in there! I'd glad it's finally being put to use.