• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

As much as I like the return of a familiar tune in Katanga Canyon, it's nowhere near as epic as the original theme music by Mark Russell:

And whatever happened to that jungle music which used to play further up? Never heard that for years, don't even think it's been posted online anywhere either.

^ When I first heard that old Katanga music was being brought I assumed (and hoped) that it was indeed going to be that theme music. Slightly disappointed now that it's not, least not that we've heard yet. I adore that theme. If anyone who has any control over music at Towers read this, please please pretty please play it in and around RMT's queue and station; fits the ride perfectly I feel.

Anyway, just had a listen to the demo of the Spinball IMAscore music and it's sounding great!

:)

I loved the old Katanga Canyon music, but never knew it wasn't a score created specifically for Towers (I think it's the same for Air's music). Saying that, I like the music it's gone back to.

Oh thank the lord - finally! It's not amazing but a definite improvement...

CdnQp23WoAQORIs.jpg
CdnQrgWWAAAIWP4.jpg
CdnQs86XIAAMM8t.jpg

I like the blue paint, but not sure about those signs. It looks like the Vekoma track Nemesis promo is there :(

As far as I could see there was no obvioys reason to get rid of the original mural to be replaced/vandalised by the drab white paint other than it had the silhouette of some old rides (1001 Knights)... and also Merlin.

CdnQp23WoAQORIs.jpg
CdnQrgWWAAAIWP4.jpg
CdnQs86XIAAMM8t.jpg
Definite improvement. Not perfect, but at least it's no longer a bland grey-green colour anymore. Liking the pictures of the of the rides, but why, why can't they ever use the right colours or tracks (or even the correct rides in some cases).

It's not quite a hand painted mural, although it's a great improvement. Just a purple wall would have been better than a white mucky wall, so the signs are a great addition. Now can they get monitors scattered around the stations once again, with working audio.

Why did they get rid of the mural thingy?

It faded a lot over time. Instead of making the sensible option to get an artist to touch it up they thought oh lets just throw some white paint over it, no one will be able to tell the difference...

It's sad because the hand painted murals in Secret Garden Restaurant (ATH) will go the same way. All that great work by very talented individuals lost forever. :(

I loved the old Katanga Canyon music, but never knew it wasn't a score created specifically for Towers (I think it's the same for Air's music). Saying that, I like the music it's gone back to.

It wasn't composed specifically for Tussauds (the track was also used at Chessington back'int'day), there is a CD called Action Heroes which contains 2 tracks, basically shortened segments of the original full length track, and this was released in 1988. KC didn't come along until 1990.

It's available from Universal Production Publishing if anyone wants it. The tracks The Adventure Begins and Over The Moon are both from the original full length piece of music - http://www.unippm.co.uk/#!/browse/browsed-results.aspx?SelectedCDId=67

CdnQp23WoAQORIs.jpg
CdnQrgWWAAAIWP4.jpg
CdnQs86XIAAMM8t.jpg

It's never going to be as good as the hand painted mural, but its a million times better than white paint. Very pleased with that.

Reactions: Ted