• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

For the first time in years Alton Towers have surprised me with the quality of this project. I know there's lots of things to do, but this is a damn good start.

Look forward to it continuing next closed season! Hope odds and ends get done whilst the park is open too, as it would be sad to see the TLC twitter go quiet.

I owe Alton Towers an apology.

I forcefully stated around a month ago that they would be lazy and leave the shipping containers in front of the Towers. However, on my visit today I see that they've removed them and tidied the area as best as possible :)

So, Alton Towers, if you're reading this, I apologise for the remark I made as I was wrong and it's good to see that your actions have proved me very wrong.

All the best, me :)

A further update, much improved

c64c9c3099e71a4e7b202d3ab84ea568.jpg

Anyone notice that duels been fixed? Extended queue line, haunted house music, all effects (including trommel) working.

Having seen the work myself, I can say that the park looks great for the first time in years. Nemesis was amazing, looked so much better.oblivion mist was on, not much but it was there. 13 static box was on again.

Anyone notice that duels been fixed? Extended queue line, haunted house music, all effects (including trommel) working.

Having seen the work myself, I can say that the park looks great for the first time in years. Nemesis was amazing, looked so much better.oblivion mist was on, not much but it was there. 13 static box was on again.
I was impressed by Duel today. Screamer room is still a bit buggered though!

I was impressed by Duel today. Screamer room is still a bit buggered though!
Room needs redoing completely tbh. The moving objects are badly timed and the rest are disappointing and in one place, a blank section of wall was lit up.

I'm going to be a bit harsh in this post, you have been warned!

First of all, it is clear that they have done a lot of work around the park, and a lot of it does look really good. Restored signs are nice to see and Dark Forest now looks far tidier and more presentable. The new photo booth on Towers Street also looks brilliant, Towers Street is a bit strange at the moment with only a couple of buildings re-done but once complete it should all look a lot better.

Audio around the park was a big plus as well, I really like the new TS and Spinball soundtracks.

But there are buts! I can't help but feel some of what has been done is of quite a poor quality. Nemesis for example, from a distance what has been done so far looks amazing and once it is fully complete (hopefully for the start of next year) this will be even better. But some of the paintwork on the track just looks poor - much of the paint on the rails is peeling off already and some of the painting, espeically around the loop, is very patchy and looks in desperate need of another layer. Then you can see where they have dripped bits of black paint for the supports on to the lovely white track. I really really like the new look they have given to the station but in place they have just painted over mold and moss and you can see paint peeling where they have done this. I know a more complete restoration would have cost more but it would have served them a lot better going forward.

Some other paint work around the park also looks quite patchy, including the finish to the Prospect Tower which is a real shame.

I am all for TLC and commend Towers for it. I actually have sympathy for them, you can tell that the people behind it really do care and want to make a difference, but you can also see that they are working with a limited budget.

:)

Some other paint work around the park also looks quite patchy, including the finish to the Prospect Tower which is a real shame.
I agree with the paintwork on Prospect Tower, I was shocked at it!
looks like they had a big tub of B&Q magnolia paint and a 10" brush and just slapped it on.
Maybe I was expecting a full re-furb to bring it back to its former glory.. they were at it long enough, oh well...:(

I think this is the worrying thing some things look good in the pics or distance but when close you still see the shortcuts taken.
First one I noticed was in the entrance plaza made a song and dance about doing the roofs on the ticket kiosks yet didn't bother with the guttering, still there with paint peeling of and on one not even connected to the downpipe