• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

If they were to get rid of the actors in the maze, is there any chance we could see the return of the alien puppet from sub species? Never got to see it in the maze so I don't know how big it was, but at least it would give some sort of finale as the actors will inevitably be cut.

If they were to get rid of the actors in the maze, is there any chance we could see the return of the alien puppet from sub species? Never got to see it in the maze so I don't know how big it was, but at least it would give some sort of finale as the actors will inevitably be cut.

Possibly, It was pretty big but I know they had a lot of Health and Safety issues with the creature moving towards the guests. It would need a large area of clearance (which was an issue being squeezed into a shipping container) to keep Mr. H&S happy.

Also it would break within a week :D

The restraint system is indeed the issue and was thought to be resolved until it re-opened and the 'back pusher' caused someone to get out of the ride again causing it to close yet again.

This. However, it was not just "oh they got out", and more, "oh they got out and did X" - with X being a really, fundamentally dangerous thing to do. The restraint was the cause, but the event immediately following caused grave concern.

As @Spike says, the only way to remedy this is to have individual restraints in place.

This. However, it was not just "oh they got out", and more, "oh they got out and did X" - with X being a really, fundamentally dangerous thing to do. The restraint was the cause, but the event immediately following caused grave concern.

As @Spike says, the only way to remedy this is to have individual restraints in place.
Just come onto these forums from the TowersTimes forum and this is my first post (so please go easy on me!) I've been reading the last few pages of this thread about Terra. Don't know if anyone else has suggested this but maybe one of the reasons Hex has been closed is because of worries about it's restraint system - which is a similar "one bar for all guests" system that Terra had. Maybe there was concerns about smaller people/kids getting free on that during the ride?

I'm also curious to know what X was?

Reactions: pj
Just come onto these forums from the TowersTimes forum and this is my first post (so please go easy on me!) I've been reading the last few pages of this thread about Terra. Don't know if anyone else has suggested this but maybe one of the reasons Hex has been closed is because of worries about it's restraint system - which is a similar "one bar for all guests" system that Terra had. Maybe there was concerns about smaller people/kids getting free on that during the ride?

I'm also curious to know what X was?

I would assume that if someone gets free on Hex they are in almost no danger, the swing barely moves. But on sub-terra if you got free just as the cars are returning back up then you could get squashed against the ceiling, or fall down the drop.

Hi Steve, welcome to TST. I would just reiterate what Jon said really, but in addition add that Hex's lapbars tend to be for about 4 people as oppose to 10, they come down a lot tighter as well.

I do think if you got out on Hex you would probably be fine, and you wouldn't be in much danger, but yes getting out on Sub Terra you could be crushed or anything in the lower section of the ride.

I think X at Thorpe has had similar issues as you now must be in pairs and there is a large kit up sign on the break run that says you just remain seated.

I guess the issue with sub Terra is that people probably think the ride is over at the bottom as you have already dropped, and you don't expect to go back up. Like most drop towers you start at the bottom, you rise and then you drop and get off at the bottom. With Terra you get on at the top, but you don't know you are at the top until it drops.

But if the bar malfunctions? Or in the case of Sub-Terra isn't tight enough (as there is a larger person on same row) so if someone panics they could wriggle out.
i agree with @Spike; the shared lap bars should be replaced with individual OTSRs, which would be a lot safer and secure.

People who think Hex is safe need to consider the huge rotating drum that managed to crush someone in another park years ago...

I wanted to hate Sub-Terra.

The exterior looked/looks like a turd.

The staff in costume shouting at you was awful.

But.....from the moment you get in the lift onward it was great!! I can *honestly* say it was one of the most enjoyable rides on park!!

To close it for good would be a complete and utter shame. Frankly if they are worried about the cost of staffing I would say ditch the actors it would be better without them!

It was unpopular because to passers by it was a big dull green shed with crappy stencilling on the side and a few tacky satellite dishes stuck on top. If they aged it up to make it look more like the Nemesis photo building perhaps giving more hints as to what it is about it may draw more guests.

It's certainly better than that sodding lava lump!! (whose real home was Ug Land before they ruined it).

Last edited:
I went on Sub Terra on the day they were testing the new restraints (around June last year I think), it had all sorts of problems still. We were made to get in and out of our seats 2 or 3 times before it finally worked. Not sure it remained open for much longer after that day.

Shame really, could do with as much open as possible round there to soak up some queues, especially with Ripsaw gone and Galacticas slow throughput.

People who think Hex is safe need to consider the huge rotating drum that managed to crush someone in another park years ago...

I don't see how a guest could get themselves into a situation where the drum becomes a hazard to them. They would have to exit the vault to be in harms way surely or climb up on the back of the swing. If the guest is climbing it's their own stupid fault.
Whereas at sub-Terra you could think that it was safe to get out the seat when it really isn't.

I wanted to hate Sub-Terra.

The exterior looked/looks like a turd.

The staff in costume shouting at you was awful.

But.....from the moment you get in the lift onward it was great!! I can *honestly* say it was one of the most enjoyable rides on park!!

To close it for good would be a complete and utter shame. Frankly if they are worried about the cost of staffing I would say ditch the actors it would be better without them!

It was unpopular because to passers by it was a big dull green shed with crappy stencilling on the side and a few tacky satellite dishes stuck on top. If they aged it up to make it look more like the Nemesis photo building perhaps giving more hints as to what it is about it may draw more guests.

It's certainly better than that sodding lava lump!! (whose real home was Ug Land before they ruined it).

I'm not convinced its physical appearance has that much to do with why it wasn't popular. The general public aren't anywhere near as fussed about stencilling and a few satellite dishes in the way enthusiasts are.

Plus if they were to remove the actors, they'd need to replace them with something substantial. The ride when it opened in 2012, pre the actors, was really badly received.

And yes, it was better than Lava Lump, but it wasn't a patch on Dynamo imo.

I'm not convinced its physical appearance has that much to do with why it wasn't popular. The general public aren't anywhere near as fussed about stencilling and a few satellite dishes in the way enthusiasts are.

Plus if they were to remove the actors, they'd need to replace them with something substantial. The ride when it opened in 2012, pre the actors, was really badly received.

And yes, it was better than Lava Lump, but it wasn't a patch on Dynamo imo.

Yes but if it looks bland and uninteresting from the exterior why is there any reason to suspect it contains anything interesting?

Personally I don't care for actors on rides.