• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Last week I didn't notice what the state of these were like but...

Ce5vu4nWwAQtjEW.jpg

Burger Kitchen, Nemices, Valley Box Office and Forbidden treats have all had a respray #TowersLovingCare

I did notice that the Edge gaming signs had been repainted however, wonder if these are just being posted late?

Towers loving care Twitter seems to be hinting that towers trading will be next to get a repaint:
finished @Picsolve shop on Towers Street... Towers Trading facade refresh next year? #TowersLovingCare

They did say work would continue throughout the season, so I'm guessing we'll see some of these smaller jobs throughout the year. Hopefully see some of those 'closed for refurbishment' signs come down before the summer!

Last edited:
The vines on Rita... Is it just the ones when you walk underneath? If it is, I'm seriously unimpressed.

I don't think so, there should be some coming over the tops of the fences I believe according to what they tweeted.

I was seriously disappointed with that tunnel too, stick a couple of cheap green LED lights under there at least!

The vines in the tunnel are from before the wood cladding. TLC said vines where coming, however they have not arrived yet.

I do hope this means they are spending time making up good looking vine theming. (We can only hope)

I have thought about sticking a handwritten A4 bit of paper up with "The forrest is alive" on it.

You can mark out where the vines were on the Th13teen station too, by following the lines of holes and screws which were left in the building when the blue vines were removed. Good thing to look at if you're bored in the queue.

Hi, I'm a ridiculously long time reader (since about 2002!) but this is my first proper post (please be kind).

On Monday, I had my first visit to the park since 2014. The amount of TLC which has gone on is making the park look and feel fantastic - it really gives the impression that the park is being looked after.

However, there are still a few small things which let the park down. Now, I know that the TLC programme is a 3 year (or potentially longer) project, so I know there are larger things which will probably be tackled next year, but there are some small things which could easily be sorted out this year which would really complete this stage of TLC.

Galactica
Galactica's new station extension fits in pretty well with what was already there, but there are lots of unfinished edges/joins that look a bit scruffy and unfinished. Some edging and borders around those pieces would finish the new extension and make it look really smart.

The new indoor station looks pretty good once you're inside and you'd be forgiven for mistaking it for a brand new ride. However, the track which is in the station gives its age away as it it battered. It's covered in scratches and marks which show years of wear and tear and takes away from the feeling that it is pristine/state of the art. A coat of paint to cover up the marks would be all that's needed, especially as this is the only piece of track that you will see!

Nemesis
The new nemesis paint job looks great. They need to get a bit of a move on and finish the whole track/supports though, it's starting to look really mis-matched. I'm aware that they've got some closed mid-week days coming up so it'll possibly be sorted out then, but at the minute it does look a bit half-done.

Thirteen
The paint on the entrance sign on Thirteen is starting to crack and flake off. At the moment it's only a small chunk so it should be fairly easy to patch. The stone columns either side of the entrance are starting to show their age too. Both have chunks taken out of them, revealing the yellowish wood underneath, I'm worried that if they're not painted over/repaired soon that the whole base will rot and be a massive job.

The sheets covering the crypt building (on rita's side) are starting to slip, showing the metal walls behind, they just need readjusting.

They've also added a door (maybe recycled from a scarefest maze?) at the bottom of the lift hill which disguises some lovely buckets. It looks rubbish. Throw it away.

Smiler
The base of the supports near the toilet, which were painted grey, need a new coat of paint. This is one of the first parts of the ride that you walk past and it looks bit battered.

It's the same for the white chevrons near the pit, which are green and manky. Either jet wash them or just get rid of them. To encourage people back on it needs to look 100% cared for to bystanders (yeah, touching up paint on the whole track would be great, but maybe for next closed season?).

Oblivion
Sticking a jet washer down oblivion's hole might be a good idea too. It still looks great after they repainted it in 2013, but the section which gets blasted by the misters is starting to go green and slimy looking.

Sonic Spinball
This ride just looks unloved. The new music is great, but the damage that several rethemes does to a ride is obvious. A whole track repaint is probably not going to happen - but if they touched up the paint on some of the large themeing elements as you enter then it'd look so much better.

I really hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaing about the work the TLC project has achieved, the park looks so much more amazing for it, it's just the last little bits that would really complete this seasons stage.

Wow. Ok. That was a very long post. Sorry!

Sonic Spinball
This ride just looks unloved. The new music is great, but the damage that several rethemes does to a ride is obvious. A whole track repaint is probably not going to happen - but if they touched up the paint on some of the large themeing elements as you enter then it'd look so much better.
it's not called the "Sonic Spinball" anymore, it's reverted back to the "spinball Whizzer", due to the license ending.

My mistake, yes, Spinball Whizzer. Sorry, it was kind of late when I was writing it.
Not to worry, it was clear what you were talking about.

Great post btw, and congrats on joining us, I agree with your post. It is great to see some TLC going into the park, its just a shame so much was so bad it needed it. Its now showing up even more issues, but thats good as hopefully we might see a WORLDS FIRST decent maintained merlin park.

Great first post @LJP and yes, Sonic Spinball/Spinball Whizzer who cares, it's still the same ride behind the theme. ;)

I agree with you, Spinball Whizzer needs some further love and I do hope this is addressed over the next few years particularly the queueline, games and the aesthetic look of the ride. Regarding the Smiler, TLC is on the to-do list for it but it won't be tackled just yet!

TLC team, focus on Resort Side too. Extraordinary Golf really needs TLC and a nice new update with some new and re-themed holes.

I've also missed hearing music in the box office? Perhaps we could crack out the fireworks 2015 pre-show tune in there towers? Or even the old ITHOTMK mixes that used to play in there? The atmosphere just seems a bit bland and stale in there...if it's the repetitive music the team don't like then maybe a nice long medley of all ride themes to keep it less repetitive?

In the TLC project please re-wrap some of the monorails and do the entire inside of each one (with a much better sound system if possible please)!

Towers Street should start to look great by next year and I'm excited to see what it looks like in person actually completed. I hope Katanga is focused on this closed season too - the god forsaken vehicle.

If Duel isn't going to get the "replacement"/rework then please at least give it a full refurbishment that it is crying out for...but not the Tomb Blaster type - no extra LED lights or poor re-workings of scenes!

Alton, you really need to prioritise at least getting Hex prepared, refurbished and re-opened. You now only have one "true" family dark ride and the variety of rides is pretty poor this season unless it's roller-coasters or Cbeebies.

I tweeted towers asking when the actual towers might open this season (even though it seems some people have been in them this season already).

They said they are currently closed as part of the TLC program and they don't have a date when they will open yet.

Will be interesting to see if it is actually TLC or just cost cutting of some kind.

Yeah when we were there the other week the towers were shut, went into the box office to ask when they were likely to be open again. They said they were shut for restoration work and didn't have a reopening date but it sounded like they could be shut for quite some time. Would be interesting to know what work their doing.